10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
I'm wondering if the persons who took care of Messi's financial affaires and his taxes could be held responsible ? I'm assuming Messi hired them so there has to be a contract, doesn't this contract transfer the responsibility to the bureau that Messi hires ? If so, they have to be held responsible. Anyone with a better understanding of this matter ?

As I said, Schinocca (who was Messi's agent until 2006 or 2007, not sure) was responsible for taking care of Messi's image rights and allegedly staged the whole deal. He is thought to be responsible (along with Jorge Messi) for creating the shell companies in Uruguay and Belize. What is especially 'spicy' about this is the fact that he lost a trial last year against Messi's parents, in which came out that he fraudulently used Messi's mother's signature to make profit from Messi's image rights.

If the tax fraud claims come out to be true, I guess Schinocca will be held responsible, at least partly, along with perhaps Messi's father, unless he can prove he didn't know anything. Which, I suppose, he didn't. He's after all not an economics master.

Read this
And this

I read in one article that Figo evaded tax on his image rights during his time in Spain and it was settled by simply paying what he was due +50%. No idea how legit that was though, not researched it.
I read this too. Similar thing happened with Eto'o last year, but as far as I'm concerned his case is still being investigated.

Last edited:

Yannick03

As I said, Schinocca (who was Messi's agent until 2006 or 2007, not sure) was responsible for taking care of Messi's image rights and allegedly staged the whole deal. He is thought to be responsible (along with Jorge Messi) for creating the shell companies in Uruguay and Belize. What is especially 'spicy' about this is the fact that he lost a trial last year against Messi's parents, in which came out that he fraudulently used Messi's mother's signature to make profit from Messi's image rights.

If the tax fraud claims come out to be true, I guess Schinocca will be held responsible, at least partly, along with perhaps Messi's father, unless he can prove he didn't know anything. Which, I suppose, he didn't. He's after all not an economics master.

Read this
And this

Thanks for the reading.

If it is true what the article says, both Messi's father and the agent are guilty and did Leo know about it or not ? This could become some serious shit.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Thanks for the reading.

If it is true what the article says, both Messi's father and the agent are guilty and did Leo know about it or not ? This could become some serious shit.
I highly doubt it. If he did, I guess he would have kept quiet instead of directly denying it on FB without much time to think what to do. Also, it is Messi, I can't imagine it. He doesn't seem a money guy, unlike for example Hoeneß. I also don't know whether any of the top players have a deep understanding of their finances/taxes at all.

P

PhilS

I read in one article that Figo evaded tax on his image rights during his time in Spain and it was settled by simply paying what he was due +50%. No idea how legit that was though, not researched it.

Marca reported about a TV interview with a professor who knows a lot about Spanish taxation of athletes. He said this is quite serious, there is the threat of significant jail time. But he thought any chance of jail or criminal conviction could be eliminated by paying up. Penalties could range as high as 600%, which would be serious money even for Messi.

Galning

Marca reported about a TV interview with a professor who knows a lot about Spanish taxation of athletes. He said this is quite serious, there is the threat of significant jail time. But he thought any chance of jail or criminal conviction could be eliminated by paying up. Penalties could range as high as 600%, which would be serious money even for Messi.

Marca.

Faceless

No more faces at night

Marca. :rolleyes:

DivineVisitor

The Right One ⇩

Holy crap 600% that's about a years earnings, he'd basically be poor!

suckabov

Lemon curry?
From Daily Mail:
'I am convinced that neither Leo nor his father have committed any infraction,' Laporta told Cope radio. 'The situation could be that they don't have any responsibility in these events. There can be third parties who are responsible.'
'I know them and they have always wanted to act within the law, and that's how they acted with the club, at least when I was president.' [...] 'They were always careful, let's say even wary, when faced with these situations that were over their heads because they didn't have the knowledge of a lawyer or a tax expert, and so they went out and got advisers,' he said.

Also, jail apparently does not come into consideration for first time offenders. So worst case scenario is a fine.

Does anybody know what will happen if the judge approves the charges? Will this directly lead to a trial, or just to further investigations?

J

jiopi

Training for tonights game in Guatemala.

BMshULnCUAEiZEG.jpg:large

BMsq7lXCcAAhEQL.jpg:large

King Leo

Banned
Leo will get in serious trouble come WC next year if he's body is not given some good rest. They pushed him too far. Actually all of us fans wanting to see Leo have contributed to his current health problems. I really think he should take it easy this year before the WC next summer.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Leo will get in serious trouble come WC next year if he's not given rest time for his body to re-energize. They pushed him too far. Actually all of us fans wanting to see Leo have contributed to this current health problems. I really think he should take it easy this year before the WC next summer.

I agree. He shouldn't play all matches. He should be benched on cdr and some lliga games, and only play some minutes in some eventual games too. He needs rest.

And he should definitely be benched in situations like the Celta game right before the PSG game (it was right before a CL game, the opposition were relegation fodder, it was right after a tiring game in Bolivia, etc). Like I've said before, him playing the full 90 minutes against Celta right after that Bolivia game is probably the reason he got injured.

He should be rested a little more (i.e. he should rest in easy La Liga games that come before CL games), but he should be able to handle 50 or so games a season, especially considering that he won't have a game like the one in Bolivia next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans