10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
He looks pretty fit to me. Looks like he is ready to let it rip when we need him. Never really broke a sweat though. Looked like typical Messi out there in these games...which is a good thing for us :D

CatalinR10

I haven't been watching much of these recent charity games... does he look fully fit, at last?

He didn't run too much and seemed that he doesn't want to break a sweat but still scored a hatrick and made 3 assists. Typicall Messi if you ask me :lol:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It's a different kind of touch. I, for one, cannot imagine Iniesta ever being able to have touches like these:

By "first touch" here, I mean how well a player handles the ball when he/she receives it from a teammate, it does nothing to do with ability to dribble. It is just a very subjective feeling of mine that Iniesta always seems to be able to handle the ball so well while sometimes when Messi is fed with the ball, he would kick it a few more yards away than where it should be for him to comfortably possess it, which ends up giving away the ball. Again, just my very subjective feeling.

The other thing I noticed lately is that Messi tends to pause a bit before he shoots, perhaps trying to find the best angle or something. I thought that would make his intention more predictable and easier for the defenders and goalkeeper to close up the angles.

alex88bg

Well my little man it breaks my heart to say this but with our old school aging you will be the last big man standing from la masia at this point.The biggest man in the history of this sport.For now.I love you more than any athlete i have ever wathced,it will be a privilege,always.

footyfan

Calma, calma
By "first touch" here, I mean how well a player handles the ball when he/she receives it from a teammate, it does nothing to do with ability to dribble. It is just a very subjective feeling of mine that Iniesta always seems to be able to handle the ball so well while sometimes when Messi is fed with the ball, he would kick it a few more yards away than where it should be for him to comfortably possess it, which ends up giving away the ball. Again, just my very subjective feeling.

The other thing I noticed lately is that Messi tends to pause a bit before he shoots, perhaps trying to find the best angle or something. I thought that would make his intention more predictable and easier for the defenders and goalkeeper to close up the angles.

Did you even watch the videos and see those first touches? They play different positions, ergo usually require different kinds of strengths. Anyways, I agree with you, Iniesta has better control than Messi for midfield duties and to keep possession. But that control would not help him capitalize on situations that Messi faces better than Messi.

Last edited:
Umm, if you can't find the relation for it, this discussion with you is pointless. You just stare how many goals either scored. Great analyze.

wasn't that the whole point of my first statement? They both scored the same amount of goals in the same number of games . Can you at least provide a link for those statistics you are talking about? Although I feel they are irrelevant, I'd like to know if you have them or you are just full of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans