10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Anyway, I just caught up on the last several pages of debate on Messi's abilities. I personally think he doesn't have to be the best in everything to be called the best player. Xavi and Iniesta are probably better than him in playmaking. Iniesta is better than him in terms of ball retention and control. Matt Eliason, the analyst from GE Capital is better than Messi in scoring bicycle goals. :lol:

Still, that doesn't change the fact that Messi is one of the best players ever.

Well, he's gotta pay. there is no other way around it. It is simpossible that he'll go to jail but he will have to pay what he owes plus fees. I wouldn't be sad if I was you chinese cule. Messi has a lot of money.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Well, he's gotta pay. there is no other way around it. It is simpossible that he'll go to jail but he will have to pay what he owes plus fees. I wouldn't be sad if I was you chinese cule. Messi has a lot of money.

You are missing the point here. Money is not the issue. Paying up/Settling = admitting guilt to a certain degree. I'd like to see Messi and his lawyers fighting to prove his innocence.

You are missing the point here. Money is not the issue. Paying up/Settling = admitting guilt to a certain degree. I'd like to see Messi and his lawyers fighting to prove his innocence.

I'm sorry to break it off to you chinese cule but Messi is guilty. There is nothing his lawyers can do about it. Do you really think his lawyers wouldn't fight back if Messi was really innocent?

Goes to show that not all "saints" are that saint.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I'm sorry to break it off to you chinese cule but Messi is guilty. There is nothing his lawyers can do about it. Do you really think his lawyers wouldn't fight back if Messi was really innocent?

Goes to show that not all "saints" are that saint.

How do you know he is guilty? Flavia and others have suggested that they were paying up just to prevent the case from getting out of control, so that it doesn't cause a big commotion.

I'd believe his innocenence until he is proven guilty.

F

Flavia

Messi doesn't do his own accounting, and if there's something wrong I don't think he knew. But it's not impossible that something is. People with a lot of money sometimes get in trouble with this.

And settling is better than having a trial.

If someone accuses me of being a thieve and I have the money and resources to prove my innocence why wouldn't I?
I would not only prove my innocence, I would also sue the people who accused me of stealing.
The settling must be done b.c Messi is guilty ( whether he knew or not, I don't really know). Messi's image can not be saved by settling, it will actually be damaged because as Chinese cule says, he will admit being guilty by doing that.

It just doesn't make sense that Messi would simply want to give away so many millions if he knows he's innocent. As Flavia says, it could have been his accountants fault, but in these cases, accountants can't do anything without Messi's signature.

Indignado

It just doesn't make sense that Messi would simply want to give away so many millions if he knows he's innocent. As Flavia says, it could have been his accountants fault, but in these cases, accountants can't do anything without Messi's signature.

Messi only gives his signature when he hands over the job to his accountants. From then on, he has nothing to do with all of that anymore.

And even if he's innocent he has to pay back the tax which was evaded. I don't know how the exact laws are in Spain, but they might see it in his responsibility to oversee the accountant and that's why he's paying additionally.

MagicianMessi

We all had our opinion on this matter for a long time now.Guys forget about it.His legal representives knowwhat to do.Why are we still discussing about it.

Let's focus on whom to buy to make make strong defence next season.Peoples gonna forget about this when time goes.

F

Flavia

If someone accuses me of being a thieve and I have the money and resources to prove my innocence why wouldn't I?
I would not only prove my innocence, I would also sue the people who accused me of stealing.
The settling must be done b.c Messi is guilty ( whether he knew or not, I don't really know). Messi's image can not be saved by settling, it will actually be damaged because as Chinese cule says, he will admit being guilty by doing that.

If he goes on trial it wont matter if he proves his innocence. There'd be more damage to his image. The more this drags on, the worse it will be. Pics of him on trial, leaving court, the publicity, etc, can be worse than settling. Outcome wouldnt matter, for most of the public if someone's on trial, they're guilty already.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
If he goes on trial it wont matter if he proves his innocence. There'd be more damage to his image. The more this drags on, the worse it will be. Pics of him on trial, leaving court, the publicity, etc, can be worse than settling. Outcome wouldnt matter, for most of the public if someone's on trial, they're guilty already.

I really doubt his image would be harmed in the eyes of any football fan that doesn't talk out of their ass. It's a trial for some financial mishaps created by a misunderstanding, not a scandalous crime he committed that changes the way his personality was thought to be viewed. These things blow by pretty quickly, unless it's an actual disreputable public felony that the person is convicted guilty for. Hell even Ronaldo was charged for rape several years ago, however the charges were dropped and many people have forgotten about it since. Messi's case is much less revolting than rape, so even if he were to be found guilty it wouldn't be but a small blemish on his history that could easily be overlooked.

F

Flavia

I really doubt his image would be harmed in the eyes of any football fan that doesn't talk out of their ass. It's a trial for some financial mishaps created by a misunderstanding, not a scandalous crime he committed that changes the way his personality was thought to be viewed. These things blow by pretty quickly, unless it's an actual disreputable public felony that the person is convicted guilty for. Hell even Ronaldo was charged for rape several years ago, however the charges were dropped and many people have forgotten about it since. Messi's case is much less revolting than rape, so even if he were to be found guilty it wouldn't be but a small blemish on his history that could easily be overlooked.
You're just forgetting the madrid press. They are already making a huge fuss about it. And the football fans that care to know what's really going on are a minority. In time it'll all go away, but it's best if it's fast, as this could affect Messi.

numero

You're just forgetting the madrid press. They are already making a huge fuss about it. And the football fans that care to know what's really going on are a minority. In time it'll all go away, but it's best if it's fast, as this could affect Messi.

Who cares man? Madrid press had been doing that for ages now, even for the silliest things. We all know they are always up for circus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans