10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He looks pretty fit to me. Looks like he is ready to let it rip when we need him. Never really broke a sweat though. Looked like typical Messi out there in these games...which is a good thing for us :D

I have been mostly impressed by his vision and playmaking ability from the last few "Messi & Friends" games. Those through balls are so amazing to watch, something that is not so prolific when he is wearing our blaugrana (I am certain it is because Messi knows our team counts on him to score, to finish therefore his playmaking ability does not get a chance to be in full display).

He was a bit too casual at times, but again, these are just charity games, I am sure he will deal with a different set of urgency when he is in the official game mode.

Last edited:

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I've noticed when he has acres of space and only the goalkeeper to beat he keeps missing the chances, I'm pretty sure it's on purpose. What do you guys think?

Also, Lalas thinks Ronaldo is better because he's done it at United and Madrid, while Messi has only succeeded in a team "built around him".

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I've noticed when he has acres of space and only the goalkeeper to beat he keeps missing the chances, I'm pretty sure it's on purpose. What do you guys think?

Also, Lalas thinks Ronaldo is better because he's done it at United and Madrid, while Messi has only succeeded in a team "built around him".

Lol both Madrid and United were built around him. Lalas is quite a dumbass.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Yeah, I noticed that too. Perhaps he wanted to make it a bit more fancy and failed in the end. Or is he getting a little rusty?

I don't buy the "doing it on purpose" theory though. It doesn't serve him at all.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
It doesn't serve him, but maybe he doesn't want to embarrass the defenders and goalkeepers or something. I don't know, I just really doubt Messi is missing those chances, especially when he is putting more difficult ones away without sweating.

he's gota good point to think that, but Pele is considered top 3 by many and he pretty much built his career playing for one team.

Last edited:

footyfan

Calma, calma
He's not missing it on purpose, he lowers his guard, so to speak. He tries the fancy chip instead of the assured finish. I doubt he would do it in a clutch moment though.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
The problem is, I could see a lot of players doing that, but I could never see Messi doing things like that, maybe in a friendly. I don't know why, I just can't imagine Messi going for stupid trick shots like that.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
This discussion is just ridiculous. It was a charity match, ffs. A charity match that Messi and the rest of the players took so unseriously that I turned it off after 15 minutes :wave:

Last edited:
B

beautifulgame

This discussion is just ridiculous. It was a charity match, ffs. A charity match that Messi and the rest of the players took so unseriously that I turned it off after 15 minutes :wave:

lol this

you guys sometimes lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans