10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mitkoa7x

Highly possible. 2 against Bilbao and 2 more against Benifica is highly dooable.

I think Tito will play reserve players against Benfica, like Pep did against Bate last year.
And lets not forget about Altetico :tito:

E

El Messiah 10

Messi could play 30 minutes against Benfica and/or 30 minutes in Copa del Rey.

But I think 4 Liga's match are enough to achieve the record and surpass G.Muller.

MMKa

If Messi does not play against Benfica, he will not surpass but "only" equals Wooodward's 25 international goals in a year.

E. I don't believe he will play, and that's good. Also, after a year like that, cup game against Cordoba will be played without Messi who is enjoying Christmas in Rosario with his family.
Ed. Well, no. Corboda game is 12th Dec and then Atletico 16th.

Last edited:

raskolnikov

If Messi does not play against Benfica, he will not surpass but "only" equals Wooodward's 25 international goals in a year.

Doesnt matter, like with a lot of records nobody knew who had them untill Messi was scoring so much they decided to find out.
Its a petty record as wel compared to Gerd Müllers 85 in a year, that with 82 in a season is a very special one to have.
But it is best for Barca if Messi doesnt play vs Benfica.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Doesnt matter, like with a lot of records nobody knew who had them untill Messi was scoring so much they decided to find out.
Its a petty record as wel compared to Gerd Müllers 85 in a year, that with 82 in a season is a very special one to have.
But it is best for Barca if Messi doesnt play vs Benfica.

More rest does not necessarily mean better play. Sure there is risk of injury, but that risk is there in every game. He can easily come on as a sub. He plays 60 matches a season, do you think half a match more makes a huge difference?

raskolnikov

More rest does not necessarily mean better play. Sure there is risk of injury, but that risk is there in every game. He can easily come on as a sub. He plays 60 matches a season, do you think half a match more makes a huge difference?

It could tire him out in April/May if he plays everything now, also there is a risk of him getting injured, sure its a small risk but if it did happen people would complain why he was on the pitch in a pointless game in the first place.
If the first spot wasnt certain I would have liked for him to play 30 min if necesary but thats not the case here.
I think playing 4 liga games and 30 min vs cordoba will be enough to break that record and the most logical decision for barca's sake.

footyfan

Calma, calma
I'm not really talking in terms of the record. Messi would want to play these games regardless. 30 min is not going to tire him out in April/May.

We can easily rest/rotate him for easy games in the league, like we do with Iniesta/Cesc/Xavi or Villa/Tello/Alexis. But we don't do it because he wants to play the games and that's his nature.

If the Cordoba game is away, it's not worth it to make him travel there for just 30 min. Benfica on the other hand is at home.

Ursegor

World Champion
f2i9xxmy.png

MARCA :worthy:

CatalinR10

The 3 candidates for the Ballon d'Or will be announced tomorrow #fcblive Pique, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta and Messi are among the 23 nominees

Did all the captains and coaches already vote or is the voting still going ?

pawanme10

We do not need to win against Benfica so just treat it as a friendly. As a friendly, we will give our best players the rest they deserve especially since we face a gritty Betis side away who just defeated Real Madrid after the Benfica game in 3/4 days.

raskolnikov

The 3 candidates for the Ballon d'Or will be announced tomorrow #fcblive Pique, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta and Messi are among the 23 nominees

Did all the captains and coaches already vote or is the voting still going ?
I think they already all vote, they even know the outcome already know but are going to hype it some more with the top 3 the next month to make things exciting and get more attention to the whole circus.
I expect Messi,Cristiano and Iniesta to be nominated, will be surprised if its anyone else in the top 3.
Im interested in who became fourth by the way, I wonder if the 10-4 list might be released earlier?

pregra

Hi guys, just wanted to let you know that you can still vote for Messi as player of the year in the 2012 World Soccer Awards via this page. Xavi and Iniesta is also among their ten nominees. It would be great if as many as possible of us vote for Leo :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans