10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
The real quote from the book is "The striker (Zlatan) suspected that it was Messi who was not pleased with him being the star and that he had complained to Pep. On one occasion, according to the Swedish player, Messi sent a text message along those lines to Pep while the team was traveling back from a game."

So nothing new, it is all from Zlatan's autobiography

Didn't someone say earliar in the thread Zlatan didn't mention that in his autobiography?

F

Flavia

If Pep really wanted it to be an autorized bio of his, he'd actually autorize it... Lame excuse to sell/promote his book, but people believe in worse things, I guess. Then again, jonathan believes anything that tries to make Messi look bad. I really don't understand the fixation in wanting him to be a phony.

N

Nwankwo

well it is all according to Zlatan, be it in his book or not. Not the most credible source to have "the player suspected".

Not saying Messi is a saint, I am sure he can be a pain in the ass but I would just like to have better sources for such statements

Daemul

By the way, I do think that Balague is spouting some BS, though they may be a large amount of truth in the story, what I do disagree with is the desperation to discredit it because he said something bad about Messi. If it was Ronaldo people would have been all over it.

F

Flavia

@barcastuff -

Picture: Messi at the dressing-room after the CL elimination against Chelsea last season

693591839.png

Then, they later said this:
note: messi's picture is apparently not from after the champions league semi-final last season since there's the "tv3" logo on the shirt

The pic is from the liga match against rm. It's from an official book lauched today, there's sad pics from the elimination to chelsea as well:
1354031975269.jpg

Daemul

If Pep really wanted it to be an autorized bio of his, he'd actually autorize it... Lame excuse to sell/promote his book, but people believe in worse things, I guess. Then again, jonathan believes anything that tries to make Messi look bad. I really don't understand the fixation in wanting him to be a phony.

Lame excuse or not Pep could come out and call BS and Balague would be majorly discredited, he would struggle to get another book published again. Remember James Frey?

Ah yes, bringing out the strawman, here I was thinking you were better than the likes of Jiopi whilst you are exactly the same as them. If I wanted to believe everything that makes Messi to look bad I would spend my time on *********, the home of Messi haters.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
The difference, Jona, is that there is a precedent with CR whereas Messi's behavior has not been open to misinterpretation - he's a team player...Jumping on a rumour that stands in stark contrast to how someone has historically conducted themselves publicly is irrational and simultaneously giving truth to a journalist who is so consistently wrong is willfully ignorant

F

Flavia

Lame excuse or not Pep could come out and call BS and Balague would be majorly discredited, he would struggle to get another book published again. Remember James Frey?

Ah yes, bringing out the strawman, here I was thinking you were better than the likes of Jiopi whilst you are exactly the same as them. If I wanted to believe everything that makes Messi to look bad I would spend my time on *********, the home of Messi haters.

Why is G.o.a.l.c.o.m blocked? :lol:
Balague probably asked Pep, or told him he was gonna do it. But I really doubt Pep had any involvement other than that. And sorry if I hit a nerve, but that's what you do here often. Trying to prove the world is made of arrogant people like cronaldo, that no one can be humble, etc etc.

alex88bg

So maybe Messi did say that but certainly not for those reasons stated,and those reasons are complete bs such as Zlatan was overshadowing Messi..If Zlatan was ruining the atmosphere at the club and Messi asked for it ,why is it a bad thing ?! As a key figure at the club its his responsibility to do so and i can understand it.I still dont think it is true nor i give a f**k.People who read that shit have nothing better to do in life and i feel sorry for them.I would never buy a book to read that has bad gossips about RM even i dispise the current state of that club because i dont really care its their thing...And Jonathan we are making fun of Ronaldo because he deserves it,his behaviour is atrocious for a guy that should be a role model for kids in almost every way,although i think there is a better person hiding inside of him he just fails to cope with his complexes and media pressure...

Papabeef

Knowing how The Zlatman is, would have expected him to be way more vocal about Messi and hate on him instead of praise him from Milan and only hate on the bald guy... Unless he had no idea about Messi being the cause for Pep to dismantle his role like that and get rid of him so soon.

The whole world was echoing the fact that Ibra was not really working well with the Barca style..etc his goals went dry in the second half of the season also...etc it was only due to obvious reasons, no need for that conspiracy since there was enough motive for Pep, plus Ibra's attitude probably made things easier, Personally i would have like Ibra to stay and go for another season.. oh well.

MagIX

This is the perfect picture for the summary of the whole story, the typical image that says more than 1000 words!

Messi said that...sms... biography Pep...Balague....ultimatum... not humble... roflmao x 1000! only excuses, because the truth is very easy: Ibra has been ridiculed and overshadowed by Leo, and Ibra not good enough for Barca. Deal with that.
End of the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans