10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickykid

I think there is far too much wrapping players up in cotton wool. You can rest a player in all the games you want and then he can pick up an injury in training. Players want to play games, if they don't they risk losing rhythm and form.

Oh come on, Barca plays more or less every week, and often 2 times a week. You can't possibly claim that anyone would lose their rythm from not playing a midweek game?

sabby

I think there is far too much wrapping players up in cotton wool. You can rest a player in all the games you want and then he can pick up an injury in training. Players want to play games, if they don't they risk losing rhythm and form.

couldn't say it better mate :)

J

jiopi

Exactly, players should play when they feel like it, and they should not worry about injuries. Afellay just had a season ending injury in training, example Banega has had two major injuries out of football I think.

J

jiopi

Oh come on, Barca plays more or less every week, and often 2 times a week. You can't possibly claim that anyone would lose their rythm from not playing a midweek game?
If Messi misses all the games you demand, he will play 4 games in a four weeks, one in every week. Surely that's is not normal for Messi, and sounds like it could affect his form.

Trickykid

Exactly, players should play when they feel like it, and they should not worry about injuries. Afellay just had a season ending injury in training, example Banega has had two major injuries out of football I think.

Players should play when their coach feels like it.

Trickykid

If Messi misses all the game you demand, he will play 4 games in a four weeks. Surely that's is not normal for Messi, and sounds like it could affect his form.

First of all, I've never demanded anything, let alone him not playing 4 games (I'm guessing you're refering to the Cordoba and Benfica ties). So far I've only touched on the one game against Cordoba, but once again you claim I've written something I haven't.
Secondly, even IF he was to be rested in all 4 games - which he won't and shouldn't be - he'd still play every weekend. How exactly would that affect his form?

J

jiopi

First of all, I've never demanded anything, let alone him not playing 4 games (I'm guessing you're refering to the Cordoba and Benfica ties). So far I've only touched on the one game against Cordoba, but once again you claim I've written something I haven't.
Secondly, even IF he was to be rested in all 4 games - which he won't and shouldn't be - he'd still play every weekend. How exactly would that affect his form?
Sorry, again from the first post you sounded like it.

Playing too little can affect the game negatively just as playing too much.

J

jiopi

Yeah, that's obvious, but is playing once every week really not enough?
We are talking about Messi, who pretty much plays more than anybody, so who knows? That's why Messi should be the one deciding it, and if he doesn't ask, like he didn't against Alaves, he shouldn't play. But if he asks to play, he should. It's that simple really.

footyfan

Calma, calma
He should play a half or 30 min against Benfica since it's at home. Between that and the Liga games, he'll get the record. A trip to Cordoba is probably unnecessary.

Garrus

There is no reason to play him against Benfica, He should be rested as much as possible through out the season, He is by far our most key player, If we want to win the treble then it's going to be through him.
Cordoba aren't an easy opponent just because they came from 2nd division, All away games are troublesome, No exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans