10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinlejus

Getting paid millions every year, yet allegedly avoids paying taxes. Whenever you are involved into tax fraud cases, it does nothing but hurt one's public image. I have a strong reason to believe this saga may prohibit and deter FIFA from awarding the Ballon d'Or trophy to the one whose name is currenly being mentioned in illegal activities.

J

jiopi

Everybody knows Messi personally is innocent, like he knows anything about taxes. It will have no effect on Ballon d'Or, like somebody would say, Messi didn't pay taxes for correct amount in god knows when, so I will not vote him this year. :lol:

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Getting paid millions every year, yet allegedly avoids paying taxes. Whenever you are involved into tax fraud cases, it does nothing but hurt one's public image. I have a strong reason to believe this saga may prohibit and deter FIFA from awarding the Ballon d'Or trophy to the one whose name is currenly being mentioned in illegal activities.

Like it detered UEFA from awarding Ribery with the Uefa best player award? Given he's in the middle of a trial for something more scandaleous right now.

BigBarcaBoy

the irony of FIFA punishing someone for their financial affairs would be too much to take

XaviMessiGirl

Someone who "gets paid millions each year" would have someone else take care of taxes for him, I am almost positive he didn't intentionally avoid paying them. You could call him a little naive, but other than that it's not like he himself did something awful in this case.

P

Patty2720

Last 3 seasons in La Liga

2011-12: 50 goals in 37 games - 1.35 % goals per game
2012-13: 46 goals in 32 games - 1.44 % goals per game

2013-14: 5 goals in 2 games ---- 2.50 % goals per game (ongoing)

Final stat: 101 goals in 71 games - 1.42 % goals per game

He is simply getting better each season! also, he seems to push himself harder this season, now that Neymar are onboard. Maybe he like the competition :neymar:

barcanuck

Last 3 seasons in La Liga

2011-12: 50 goals in 37 games - 1.35 % goals per game
2012-13: 46 goals in 32 games - 1.44 % goals per game

2013-14: 5 goals in 2 games ---- 2.50 % goals per game (ongoing)

Final stat: 101 goals in 71 games - 1.42 % goals per game

He is simply getting better each season! also, he seems to push himself harder this season, now that Neymar are onboard. Maybe he like the competition :neymar:

Neymar is also going to draw him more penals so it should be around 1.9-2.0%.

P

Patty2720

Neymar is also going to draw him more penals so it should be around 1.9-2.0%.
1.9-2.0% - I doubt it, but I do see him breaking his old record of 50 goals. I think he will end the season with something like 55-60 goals, IF he doesn't get injured.

B

Beans

1.9-2.0% - I doubt it, but I do see him breaking his old record of 50 goals. I think he will end the season with something like 55-60 goals, IF he doesn't get injured.

I don't, for a few reasons

1 - His injuries are a worry now, suffered one in four years under Guardiola, had a few under Vilanova, recurred very recently.

2 - The manager seems to think he's being clever subbing him off (He's been quoted as saying he will continue to do it), resting Messi has proven to have ill effects over the past five years.

3 - World Cup year, Messi won't want to risk injuries, this is as important a World Cup as ever for him. Towards the end of the year he may very well go into lazy mode.

CatalinR10

Lionel Messi trained normally with the Argentine national team today and is expected to start against Paraguay on Tuesday. #brazil2014 [ole]

B

Beans

Wow...

Watching Portugal last night they said Cristiano Ronaldo has 202 goals in 202 games at Real Madrid. That's absurd, and only ever used to happen in Championship Manager.

I then thought Messi must have similar over the same period... 238 goals in 222 games!!! It's beyond ridiculous, and I kind of feel sorry for Ronaldo. He may be very unlikeable but he's flourished in possibly the worst decade ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans