10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatalinR10

BTQL0B1CcAE4-WY.jpg

Henry_IB

Banned
Do people really think the possible money from Madrid olympics might end up in Catalonia? LOL.

I gurantee you that catalonia will see an increase in tourism if they Madrid get the olympics because people will take the opportunity to visit barcelona while they are in spain.

You're ignorant if you believe Catalonia won't benefit from Madrid having the olympics.

JackaL

I gurantee you that catalonia will see an increase in tourism if they Madrid get the olympics because people will take the opportunity to visit barcelona while they are in spain.

You're ignorant if you believe Catalonia won't benefit from Madrid having the olympics.

I love when people think that the event of the Olympics itself creates great economic return for the cities and the countires. First of all, it doesn't, end of story, check the historic data, there's almost nothing really in the same year to generate economically, as such events cost hell alot. Let's say on a broader and long term scale, it helps, as it helped Barcelona in the 90ies to have hosted the Olympics. But that would just help Madrid anyway. The additional tourists that would visit Barca in 2020 because of the Olympics in Madrid won't be really statistically significant, I'd say. Of course, if Catalunya is then still part of Spain. In addition to that, the Catalans have been paying taxes to Spain while actually receiving almost nothing beneficial of it. So, there's actually more to the story!

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I don't think the Olympics bid should flare up some Barca/Madrid or Catalunya/Spain rivalry, the reason I'd give is that it's simply a great place to host it. Football-loving city, great weather, great atmosphere, and best of all a great country for tourism. Economics might play a problem, I agree in that, but other than that there is no reason to be adamant about Madrid hosting the Olympics.

Jill

New interview Messi, 1 and 2 parts:

translation of the 2-nd part from 2.25:
CN23: And finally, how are things going with your son? The feelings on being a Dad? The new experiences? How has your daily life changed?

Leo: Well honestly, the experience has been beautiful and without a doubt the best thing that has happened to me. He’s great, growing up… time flies, he’s starting to do more things, he’s starting to walk and honestly everything is beautiful, what I’m living with my girlfriend and being with him… and it’s true, your life changes for good.

CN23: I think this might have made you think about your old man, how things must have been for him when you were a little kid…

Leo: Yeah, that’s what they say. That when you become a Dad you realize many things about your parents. I remember things my Dad used to say and now I see those things differently.

CN23: He was your first coach, right? And he still is I think…

Leo: Yeah, yeah. My family as always, they’re by my side. Helping in the good and the bad moments.
(translated by @fyleonella)

let's wait somebody will translate the others (about-football) parts :coffee:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans