10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
He should show those rabid runs more often, it shows they can decide games... But coming from the international break, I understand he wasn't in top shape...

Pepe Silvia

I don't care if Messi reserved his energy for those last minutes, he looked absolutely awful for the majority of the game. He looked pathetic and it pisses me off when I see him walking around nonchalantly. I don't care if he is the best in the world, I hate that type of attitude. It brings the team down morally. And so what he turns it on in the last 15 min, I guarantee if we are playing a team like Bayern in CL we won't have the opportunity to fight back with his last minute heroics because we will be down 2-3 goals. It's not the old days, teams have our number and we have to give everything at all times, not have that entitled attitude. If jet lag from internationals is the problem, then sit your midget ass down and let someone play who will press!

barcanuck

hi-res-180545507_crop_650.jpg

Dat hunger.

Kerrybai

Stars like Messi would be better off in individual sports. It must be very frustrating to ply your trade with people who are so far under your level. Messi is head and shoulders above everyone around him... I'm surprised he doesn't lose his cool with his team-mates more often.

XaviMessiGirl

I can see it from both sides... the first part of the match I was getting frustrated with him, wondering why he didn't seem to have any drive. But he certainly (more than) turned it on later, so there's that. If we'd drawn or lost it might have been more of an issue.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't care if Messi reserved his energy for those last minutes, he looked absolutely awful for the majority of the game. He looked pathetic and it pisses me off when I see him walking around nonchalantly. I don't care if he is the best in the world, I hate that type of attitude. It brings the team down morally. And so what he turns it on in the last 15 min, I guarantee if we are playing a team like Bayern in CL we won't have the opportunity to fight back with his last minute heroics because we will be down 2-3 goals. It's not the old days, teams have our number and we have to give everything at all times, not have that entitled attitude. If jet lag from internationals is the problem, then sit your midget ass down and let someone play who will press!

+100.

Messi should give his 100% all game long, like most other players. No double standards.

footyfan

Calma, calma
This 'Messi doesn't give 100%' has become so annoying now. Try focusing on some other player in the next game and see if they give '100%'.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Yeah, so he'll burn out and we'll have to play Cesc as false nine? Let him go 100% in the games we need him too, otherwise it doesn't matter as long as we win.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
This 'Messi doesn't give 100%' has become so annoying now. Try focusing on some other player in the next game and see if they give '100%'.

I am simply not convinced that Messi is not physically capable of pressing and running more like his teammates do or that it is detrimental to his performance and overall impact if he does so.

Walking around while your teammates are running around, or sometimes standing there like a statue doesn't help with anything, morale or game effectiveness.

His is still young, physically he is a perfect specimen, he is in his prime. Yes he is very capable.

F

Flavia

Yeah, so he'll burn out and we'll have to play Cesc as false nine? Let him go 100% in the games we need him too, otherwise it doesn't matter as long as we win.

Agreed. I think many forget the amount of games he plays every season. He is always delivering. I don't think there's much more to demand from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans