10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex88bg

The thing about messi bashing sounds ridiculous and it is.Messi really looks a bit sloppy at times by his standards but u have to remember this is a very long season and WC is coming thus he will certainly not push himself unless absolutely needed until new year.He needs to stay injury free and fitness ready.He cannot fulfill our wildest dreams every game with dribblings around 5 people and over the top pressing because those are risky contacts that are unneeded for .He still presses much more than last season the problem is midfield isnt covering for that.
What a player ,what a machine he doesnt even have to go over 70 percent to score hat tricks,stay healthy and motivated Leo you have our eternal support !
If you want to see what he can do when he goes almost all in and how fast he is watch the first game of the season.

Henry_IB

Banned
Messi is the only player you can describe as not being in great from when he scores 9 goals and 1 assist in 4 games. The man is truly a genius but as other said, something is missing from his game. His explosiveness just isn't there. People keep saying it's because of lack of rest but this has been ongoing for some time now (basically whole last year as well).

So, either it's a conscious tactical decision or he simply doesn't have the motivation he had 2-3 years ago after winning all that he has won. I am not buying the whole fitness story anymore.

Vapor

Messi is the only player you can describe as not being in great from when he scores 9 goals and 1 assist in 4 games. The man is truly a genius but as other said, something is missing from his game. His explosiveness just isn't there. People keep saying it's because of lack of rest but this has been ongoing for some time now (basically whole last year as well).

So, either it's a conscious tactical decision or he simply doesn't have the motivation he had 2-3 years ago after winning all that he has won. I am not buying the whole fitness story anymore.

+1

Its crazy. Gotta love the guy. As great as he's been, he still hasn't seemed to reach the heights he reached in the 2011-12 season, where he was just godlike all season. The crazy thing is, as great as he's been, we know that he still has room to improve. I just wonder what it'll take for him to bring that level out consistently again.

Stric

What a player. Incredible.

And as ridiculous as it might sound to some, I agree with people who say there's still something missing in his game. Not that there'd be anything wrong with him being the way he is now, he's still by far the best in the world, it's just that we all know there's more to him when he reaches and maintains his max.

It seems Antonela found the pictures with him and that blonde.

:lol: :lol:

raskolnikov

In 2011/12 that beatsmode level from the Valencia game where he scored 4 until the hattrick against Brazil, that was brilliant.

King Leo

Banned
in 2011/12 he went crazy with goalscoring but I still like the faster younger messi. Neymar & Messi combination seems to work well for Messi. I like to see Messi assist Neymar with scoring soon.

Jadentheman

in 2011/12 he went crazy with goalscoring but I still like the faster younger messi. Neymar & Messi combination seems to work well for Messi. I like to see Messi assist Neymar with scoring soon.

Because he knows it's easier for him to get into a good position while Neymar does most of the dribbling.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
Because the goals are coming, but anyone who has been watching this man week in and week out recognizes just how rusty and inconsistent certain aspects of his game are currently. Not a criticism, merely an observation. After all, what more can you ask from this guy? Yet we all wish to see him in top form. He truly has set such high standards that even after scoring and assisting game in and game out people still expect everything to be perfect, because goddamn he is so capable of playing flawlessly.

Perhaps the new coach and ideas are going to take some time to click in and maybe that's why a lot of players have been showing some rough edges.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Most people just have double standards when it comes to Messi. If Ribery had performed like that in any game, even in a preseason game, the whole of Bavaria would go on a Ballon D'Or campaign.

aki13

Or maybe he just had an early peak to his career in terms of speed and dribbling and he is over that now. Instead just uses his incredible football brain to get into positions to score.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He's not as sharp as he can be or as he will be as the season progresses...Is that all down to early season form or is it the result of tactical changes from a new coach?...I think the latter figures into it more than you'd consider on first glance and I like it, tbh....He's moving around the pitch more and we often find him out wide right which should help free up Neymar et al

Loved his overall performance but I still think Valdes was the most impressive performer on the night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans