2. a rope or metal band around a block or deadeye for support

3. informal chiefly ( Brit ) a temper tantrum: he threw a strop and stormed off

I had to look it up as well.

CatalinR10

wth is a strop?

RONALDO-BUTTHURT.gif

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
If Messi's reaction is considered a tantrum, then by god every forward player has a tantrum per game, Ronaldo has several.

Rahj

what is it with this messi-is-not-allowed-to-be-angry-with-his-team mates bullshit, again? footballers are professionals who are angry if things don't work out and happy when they do. even if messi is asking too much for passes, his team mates can try sth. else and ignore an angered messi, as they seem to be emotionally stable to me.

F

Flavia

what is it with this messi-is-not-allowed-to-be-angry-with-his-team mates bullshit, again? footballers are professionals who are angry if things don't work out and happy when they do. even if messi is asking too much for passes, his team mates can try sth. else and ignore an angered messi, as they seem to be emotionally stable to me.

Messi is not allowed to have emotions, he should be a robot :p
Even then, I saw nothing like a tantrum on either games.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I missed yesterday's game. How did Messi do overall? I was shocked when I learned he didn't score (when I saw the 4:0 score I assumed he had scored at least one or two). Did he have one assist?

Ronnie10

Wow, didn't realize that CR7 has scored more than Messi already. More surprising is that CR7 raked up so many assists! A very strong year for him so far!

Messi was injured for quite a long time, that's the reason why CR7 is ahead of Messi in scoring. But that doesnt matter as long as we can beat teams with 4-0 score.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Can't believe Zincubus really managed to start a serious discussion about Messi's ego once again.

I missed yesterday's game. How did Messi do overall? I was shocked when I learned he didn't score (when I saw the 4:0 score I assumed he had scored at least one or two). Did he have one assist?
Yes, he assisted the first Pedro goal beastmodedly. Also set up Neymar once beautifully, but Neymar missed. He actually deserved to score, and would have in the last minutes if it wasn't for Tello... Great overall performance, with some insane runs.

Wow, didn't realize that CR7 has scored more than Messi already. More surprising is that CR7 raked up so many assists! A very strong year for him so far!

As Ronnie said, Messi had a good chance of taking the lead before he got injured and then was out for too long. This season, Messi has been scoring more in fewer games, so he will probably equalise soon. :coffee:

Maria

Ribery was part of great team, his individual performance is nowhere near Messi last season, or this year, and now the vote isn't geared towards best player of the winning team, but the best player all together.

The BdO isn't for a season, is for a year..in this case for the year 2013. And until now, I think that Ribery and Cristiano had a year as good as Messi, if not better. If I would choose a player from Bayern I would prefer Lahm, just like last year I would have given it to Busquets. But maybe is because I prefer the inteligent players to the ones that score goals or win you games.

No I didn't . I said that when Neymar dared to have a shot in the previous game , Messi had a mini strop for not passing to him .

I wasn't the only person who noticed either so I don't know why some people in here are getting all precious . The mini strop was mentioned all over the internet and Twitter .

If it was mentioned on twitter then it must have been true..

I don't want to imagine what would happend if Messi would actually behave like Lewandowski, Balotelly, Mandzukic or Cristiano..there would probably be cules like you that would ask for Messi to be sold.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans