10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
You act like the voters think, "Messi better score two goals a game or else I will give my vote to Ribery". Has Ronaldo been better this season, individually? Or this year? Has Ribery? The only thing either of them did better in the last few games (since those are what people talk about) is scoring goals (Ronaldo). Which has never helped him. No one in their right mind claims that Messi is not the best player in the world. And the award goes to the best player in the world.

People's impression matters. It is not like this award is having no suspense left as it will be given to Messi every year as long as he still plays. Despite the fact that Messi is widely regarded as the best player in the world, those players that have had magnificent performances will still be making a big impression on the voting audience, I think.

What I am simply saying is this: Ribery is riding on a huge wave of Bayern hype, in addition his own performance has been not too bad; CR7 is roaring ahead with goal count (which alone might not be decisive, but definitely wouldn't hurt); meanwhile Messi is in a slump at this critical time when good, eye-catching performances might swing those undecided voters (voting ends at the end of November I think). That's why I am so disheartened.

Again, I know, I probably care more about this award that Messi himself. Can't help it, just want him to win!

BarcaGirl

People's impression matters. It is not like this award is having no suspense left as it will be given to Messi every year as long as he still plays. Despite the fact that Messi is widely regarded as the best player in the world, those players that have had magnificent performances will still be making a big impression on the voting audience, I think.

What I am simply saying is this: Ribery is riding on a huge wave of Bayern hype, in addition his own performance has been not too bad; CR7 is roaring ahead with goal count (which alone might not be decisive, but definitely wouldn't hurt); meanwhile Messi is in a slump at this critical time when good, eye-catching performances might swing those undecided voters (voting ends at the end of November I think). That's why I am so disheartened.

Again, I know, I probably care more about this award that Messi himself. Can't help it, just want him to win!

You need to stop obsessing so much about Messi winning the Ballon D'or. It's not the end of the world, if he doesn't end up winning. And how know, in the end it might be a blessing if Ribery wins it. :) Messi might want to prove something, like that he's still the best, play like 10-11 again and goes on to win the treble and the WC :D

big_man

You need to stop obsessing so much about Messi winning the Ballon D'or. It's not the end of the world, if he doesn't end up winning. And how know, in the end it might be a blessing if Ribery wins it. :)

Yesmaam...If given the choice of us doing the League and CL double this season and Messi not winning the Ballon d'or. I'd pick the former every time without thinking twice, I couldn't give two hoots if he won it again, as long as we keep winning, football is a team sport after all.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
You need to stop obsessing so much about Messi winning the Ballon D'or. It's not the end of the world, if he doesn't end up winning. And how know, in the end it might be a blessing if Ribery wins it. :) Messi might want to prove something, like that he's still the best, play like 10-11 again and goes on to win the treble and the WC :D

I was actually hoping that he would shift to a higher gear after they awarded the UEFA Best Player Award to Ribery. ;)

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yesmaam...If given the choice of us doing the League and CL double this season and Messi not winning the Ballon d'or. I'd pick the former every time without thinking twice, I couldn't give two hoots if he won it again, as long as we keep winning, football is a team sport after all.

Of course, no question about it, us getting the treble (or just getting the CL) is waaaaaaayy and muuuuuch more important than Messi winning the Ballon d'Or. But I just don't see the former coming any time soon so I have been resorted to my second and lesser wish. ;)

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
UEFA Best Player Award though is NO Ballon D'or :D :p Losing it might the push that Messi needs to finally perform like he used to a few years ago.

In that case should we be hoping that he won't even make it to the 3-men shortlist? :p

But seriously, Argentina has zero chance in the WC.

big_man

And Unlike the past world cup, they'll actually be taking one brilliant player in defence now in Zabaleta, who I think is arguably the best defensive rightback in the world after Lahm. And a huge upgrade on who they had there last time (Otamendi was it?)
And if Caballero is picked ahead of Romero (as he should) that is also a vast improvement in their defense.

That's 2 massive improvements in their back 5 and can be what pushes them from quarter finalists to finalists (if the attack plays near what they're capable of)

A midfield of Masch, Banega and Di Maria/Messi as the AM is only short of quality against Spain and Germany, No one else.

Attack blows everybody out of the water, including Spain and Germany.

And their manager is no mug tactically.

IMO, they should be aiming for the Semi's at the very least.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
I've actually rooted for the WC winner three times in a row, Brazil, Italy, Spain. I'll be rooting for Argentina in 2014. I'd shit my pants if it works again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans