10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
No way to tell if the Sport story is true but if it were, would be worrying...There are many scenarios that could explain his loss of form

1. He's simply not 100% healthy from his injuries, as he's said in the press.
2. He is unsettled, either due to Neymar, Tata or some other reason
3. He's pacing himself as Mascherano alluded to recently for the WC, which would suggest he's not giving 100% to the club
4. He's bored or simply lost interest
5. Worst case scenario, he's actually seen a deterioration in his game...sooner than expected

And, again, if true, Captains going to talk to him has the feel of an intervention which would suggest there are concerns things are not well

serghei

No way to tell if the Sport story is true but if it were, would be worrying...There are many scenarios that could explain his loss of form

1. He's simply not 100% healthy from his injuries, as he's said in the press.
2. He is unsettled, either due to Neymar, Tata or some other reason
3. He's pacing himself as Mascherano alluded to recently for the WC, which would suggest he's not giving 100% to the club
4. He's bored or simply lost interest
5. Worst case scenario, he's actually seen a deterioration in his game...sooner than expected

And, again, if true, Captains going to talk to him has the feel of an intervention which would suggest there are concerns things are not well

What Sport story?

Never mind, I've read the article.

Last edited:

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
I think it is a combination of 1 and 2. He is still not fit, but he is also suffering from Tata's tactics. I don't know the exact instructions Tata has given him, but Messi shouldn't be playing on the right wing nor should he drop too deep in our midfield and be a playmaker for Neymar and Alexis like we have seen him do recently.

Last edited:

footyfan

Calma, calma
Man, I don't mind Messi playmaking at all. Him behind a striker is just gold for everyone. He created a lot of chances for Ibra, and he has great telepathy with Higuain. It would be awesome to watch. For example, Lewandowski holding the ball up for Messi :wub:

It would never happen at Barca though, just not the style, as a player needs to be sacrificed from the wings. Unless we play with 3 defenders a la Pep, with Messi behind Sanchez like in the 2011 Clasico.

raedkuwait

to me the reason is simple and easy for every one to see, and its natural in all humans, to me the reason is,
after picking up the same injury few time in succession, he is just scared to pick up the same injury again, so
he is taking it easy and pacing him self up tell he fully forget about those injuries, injuries like that one after
another really play with any guys mind let a lone a player like him

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
There is another possible scenario I didn't think of immediately...Perhaps it's the Captains who are unhappy with the way the team is playing or Tata's tactics and are channeling it through Messi if we assume Martino is a Leo sanctioned hire

The Observer

6. He's nervous because Pinto might not renew and he won't have any friends left in the dressing room.
7. Thiago's first words were "Ronaldo".
8. He's sulking because Platter called him a "boy" and Ronaldo a "general" when everyone knows that Messi is the general shouting at Tello, Villa etc. and Ronaldo is the (poster) boy.
9. ???
10. :messi:

Leo10

6. He's nervous because Pinto might not renew and he won't have any friends left in the dressing room.
8. He's sulking because Platter called him a "boy" and Ronaldo a "general" when everyone knows that Messi is the general shouting at Tello, Villa etc. and Ronaldo is the (poster) boy.
9. ???

:lol::worthy:

footyfan

Calma, calma
9. ???

You forgot the following:

11. He's not getting any from Antonella for fear of getting injured again.
12. He's run out of SMSs from his phone plan
13. Neymar's hair distracts him everytime he gets the ball, he tried to move to the right wing to get as far away as possible but to no avail.
14. He's afraid of the new competition - Diego Costa, the Pepe of the forwards.
15. He's taking pressure off of Sanchez, and attention away from Iniesta's poor form :messi:
16. Thiago likes Lia.

Edit: I must commend you on your choice of profile picture to go with the username. Very apt.

Last edited:

MMKa

According to the Indian newspaper Hindustan times that i read today, Messi had 4 goalless matches in april 2010 or 11 i dont remember. Dunno whats the big hype about this. But yeah ballond'or is not going to Messi this year probaly.

Messi had 4 or 5 consecutive goalless games in 2011. Not once, but four times: March, May, July and September: http://kahkonen.arkku.net/messi/?matches/index/2011o

Rewatch the Celta game and ask yourself is Messi in crisis?
This.

Last edited:

The Observer

You forgot the following:

11. He's not getting any from Antonella for fear of getting injured again.
12. He's run out of SMSs from his phone plan
13. Neymar's hair distracts him everytime he gets the ball, he tried to move to the right wing to get as far away as possible but to no avail.
14. He's afraid of the new competition - Diego Costa, the Pepe of the forwards.
15. He's taking pressure off of Sanchez, and attention away from Iniesta's poor form :messi:
16. Thiago likes Lia.

Edit: I must commend you on your choice of profile picture to go with the username. Very apt.

17. Thiago likes Milan. :tata1:

18. He's heard Ribery is Ballon d'Or candidate so he's decided to copy him, moved to the wing and turned down the goalscoring from 70 in a season to 10.

19. He's reading this thread.

20. He's seen Diego Costa opting for Spain and realized that he could have done the same.

Are we overdoing this now? :tata:

footyfan

Calma, calma
21. He's trying to get Martino fired so that he accepts the Argentina job.
22. He's playing poorly to bring the Messi hype down so that defenders don't pile up on him during the world cup.
23. He's running out of hormones.
24. He's running out of space at home for more Ballon's. And he will need to pay more property tax if he decides to get a bigger home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans