10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

adil_909

honestly there is something wrong with you people. do you not understand that the number of goals messi has scored in the last few years is FREAKISHLY high? so what if he isn't scoring a hat-trick every single game? you are the same people that have been crying that the team is too one dimensional, the same people that were crying after the bayern munich game last year that our team couldn't function when messi was off form. well now you have a change. we have many different goal scorers, which makes the TEAM better. football has never been about individuals, always about the team. that's why when messi wins his individual awards, he highlights the contributions of his teammates. for years, the team has been playing to make messi shine, and results have followed. so what if messi is a little out of form, even in this form he is better than 95% of players out there. he's just not freakishly good like he has been in the past few years. i'm sure he's being cautious because of how many injury niggles he's had, and he'll get over it. it's a psychological thing. but regardless, now he is returning the favor to his teammates. he is drawing defenders towards him and creating space and assists for others who are taking advantage. at the end of the day, barca is still dominant, the TEAM is succeeding, and that's what matters.

jeez the fearmongering on here is spiraling out of control.

spark

18. He's heard Ribery is Ballon d'Or candidate so he's decided to copy him, moved to the wing and turned down the goalscoring from 70 in a season to 10.

tumblr_m1bdgiVv4A1qe8s6wo1_500.gif

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
honestly there is something wrong with you people. do you not understand that the number of goals messi has scored in the last few years is FREAKISHLY high? so what if he isn't scoring a hat-trick every single game? you are the same people that have been crying that the team is too one dimensional, the same people that were crying after the bayern munich game last year that our team couldn't function when messi was off form. well now you have a change. we have many different goal scorers, which makes the TEAM better. football has never been about individuals, always about the team. that's why when messi wins his individual awards, he highlights the contributions of his teammates. for years, the team has been playing to make messi shine, and results have followed. so what if messi is a little out of form, even in this form he is better than 95% of players out there. he's just not freakishly good like he has been in the past few years. i'm sure he's being cautious because of how many injury niggles he's had, and he'll get over it. it's a psychological thing. but regardless, now he is returning the favor to his teammates. he is drawing defenders towards him and creating space and assists for others who are taking advantage. at the end of the day, barca is still dominant, the TEAM is succeeding, and that's what matters.

jeez the fearmongering on here is spiraling out of control.

Seeing that I said nothing about his goals or lack thereof, this sort of reactionary post does not apply to my posts...Moreover, I never once intimated that even a less than 100% Leo is not better than most if not all of the footballing planet

Your post is closer to the fanboyism Pepe alluded to...Something is clearly off with the player...It may only be fitness but it could also be any number of other factors, not including the juvenile posts from the usual suspects

big_man

Sorry..what the hell is going on here?
Everytime I log on all I see active is this thread. Still this Ballon d'or issue?

EDIT: I just read through the thread, WTF? Messi declining?
:lol: @ captains calling for meeting, it doesn't get anymore cringeworthy than that, I see why other fans see some of this club's fans as deluded and pretentious.

First of all, I'd be worried about the club if they actually agree to something as retarded as that, secondly, I'm pretty sure a multimillion dollar corporation wouldn't entertain such retarded notion, messi didn't play well last 2 games, great lets call up a meeting, like seriously?

Some of you guys have too much time in your hands, or take this football lark too seriously.
Player hasn't scored in 4 games and wasn't firing on all cylinders in the last couple of games, and you have people writing dissertations and shit.

Also, didn't people whine about Messi dependence all season last season and the season before? the team is winning without him now,so on to the next whining topic eh? in true Barcaforum fashion.

Last edited:

SeloBarca

It might be a matter of hunger aswell, No matter how professional you are, you need goals to work towards.
Most players in Barcelona has won pretty much everything you can win as a player, so it can get very hard to motivate yourself.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
The level of speculation and just plain garbage being written in the thread has gone past annoying, beyond absurd, to the point of ridiculous.

You all sound like Marca and As professional speculators just flinging crap to the walls and hoping it sticks.

None of you know shit of whats going on, and to suggest anything more than Messi is just not 100% physically, is just stupid, speculative and stupid again.

You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Leo10

The minute someone provides a thoughtful explanation about how he feels the extent and reasons for Messi's form has been he gets jumped on and hounded by a swarm of Messi fan boys. Not a good look in terms of allowing a spirited debate to evolve, instead passing someone's opinion off as crazy or out of touch. Too much blind fanboyism going on for me.

Nah some people just hate dumb posts.

The only thing we know for fact is he got injured last season and since then everything went downhill. Everything else is speculation.

I just skim through the one liners and jokes now, don't even bother to read all the theories.

BarcaGirl

Jorge Messi (father): "The injuries have affected Leo, he really wants to avoid another relapse, but no worries, he'll be back soon." [ser]

footyfan

Calma, calma
Do people disagree though that he has been a different player since around the time of Tito's appointment, actually since after the Chelsea match?

big_man

I think people making a big deal out of the injury/form issue itself is putting unnecessary spotlight on the player. Let the boy come back to form after numerous injuries like every other player has in history.Everybody and their mum already has an opinion on the Messi "crisis" of not scoring for an eternal 4 games, its absolutely crazy.

Last edited:

CatalinR10

Do people disagree though that he has been a different player since around the time of Tito's appointment, actually since after the Chelsea match?

Are you saying that even though he has won another Ballon d'or after that , has a lovely kid and he is happy , he isn't 100% the way he was because of that Chelsea game ? :lol:

big_man

He was also a different player from the one he was in 08/09 to the one he was in 09/10 onwards. Tactics require different demands from players and as such changes in players. The tactics has to adapt if we want to continue winning things. By extension there will be changes in players too. I don't see why this is an issue?

footyfan

Calma, calma
I think people making a big deal out of the injury/form issue itself is putting unnecessary spotlight on the player. Let the boy come back to form after numerous injury like every other player has in history.Everybody and their mum already has an opinion on the Messi "crisis" of not scoring for an eternal 4 games, its absolutely crazy.

I agree that this current "crisis" is stupid, but it has presented the opportunity to discuss some of the things that have been noticed in Messi's game for quite some time now.

Majority of the last pages involve posters being confused about what the other person is talking about. Messi walking around is not something new and it certainly isn't affecting his goal tally either now or earlier in the season, or last season, yet people are erroneously attributing lack of effort to his current poor "form" when in reality it's just that his game has changed.

On the other hand, Messi never ever used to press the way some people make him out to have done; the lack of effort is more related to his poor movement, something that has developed over the past 1.5 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans