10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeloBarca

Didnt play that well even though the 2 goals. Alexis and Neymar were the better attackers.

Good last 15 mins though.

The "Everyone pass Messi" thing is getting kinda silly. Alexis and Neymar had MUCH better chances to score and made several good runs, but everyone still passed Messi :/

NotInHere

If Ronaldo had scored two goals in a CL match, people would say he's on fire.
Messi will get to his full capacity in a matter of weeks, barring injuries of course, this game was an early indication to let us know that he'll be back soon. Even at this form his really a joy to watch and the best.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Didnt play that well even though the 2 goals. Alexis and Neymar were the better attackers.

The "Everyone pass Messi" thing is getting kinda silly. Alexis and Neymar had MUCH better chances to score and made several good runs, but everyone still passed Messi :/

I thought it was a superb game from Messi, Alexis was very poor and Neymar was hot and cold. His passing was on point throughout the match, and besides, that second goal was outstanding and gave us the cushion we needed.

oggmar

So you think Alexis were better than Messi tonight? I very much so do not agree with you, however I think both Neymar and Messi were superb tonight.

SeloBarca

The last 15 mins and goal was great. Thats the kind of Messi we need.

Overall i think Alexis was better yes, but he didnt get the passes he deserved with his great runs in the gaps.

Mika94

By far the best game since his injury. Still missing that acceleration, but overall it was a good game.
Great combination with Fabregas on the second one ! And if Mexes wasn't there at the end, Messi could've gotten the hat-rick or even more.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo

Alexis did not have a better game tonight. He had the effort and energy, but his poor touches tendency resurfaced today and made him waste some chances.

Though I agree, the team forcing the ball to Messi is detrimental. However, this is also a byproduct of Messi really being the only truly reliable goal scorer on the team.

NotInHere

Who cares who was attacking better, it makes me think your only doing that to discredit Messi for the heck of it.

We're talking about Messi here, not the others, and its a good sign that his playing this good taking into account all the injuries his had.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He's got a point though, lol. I noticed his play was so, so different. Much less runs, really slow release of passes and general indecisiveness, when he did make runs (apart from the last 20) 9 times outta 10 he didn't try and make a proper run to receive a pass, but deliberately dropped back to receive and play from behind everyone. I think he's been specifically instructed, so I'm not saying its a bad thing. Whatever helps the team > whatever makes just Messi better.

I thought the whole team, not just Messi have become slower in terms of releasing passes.

And what is considered "a proper run to receive a pass"?

neo_wolf

Messi had a very good game, unlike the previouse one here he was making runs, making goood passes(should have had 2 assists) and pressuring high on defense which was nice to see.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He did well. It makes me happier that he doesn't need an "explosive performance" to return to his usual routine goalscoring output because he's simply that good. Why put so much pressure on him needing to have a wonder game to announce his return to form when he could do so in a more realistic and comfortable way?

footyfan

Calma, calma
The last 15 mins and goal was great. Thats the kind of Messi we need.

Overall i think Alexis was better yes, but he didnt get the passes he deserved with his great runs in the gaps.

He played well throughout the match, his passes were the sharpest of anyone on the pitch. Early on, there was a great pass to Neymar who miscontrolled, and another amazing pass through everyone to Xavi who again miscontrolled. His linkup with Dani was very good and Alexis should've scored from his pass in the second half. He initiated a lot of great moves with great 1-2s, but Xavi, Iniesta and Sanchez were generally not on his level and didn't pass it back to him well enough.

CatalinR10

1450955_820194461354105_2111471464_n.jpg

Sallou

He played well throughout the match, his passes were the sharpest of anyone on the pitch. Early on, there was a great pass to Neymar who miscontrolled, and another amazing pass through everyone to Xavi who again miscontrolled. His linkup with Dani was very good and Alexis should've scored from his pass in the second half. He initiated a lot of great moves with great 1-2s, but Xavi, Iniesta and Sanchez were generally not on his level and didn't pass it back to him well enough.

I noticed the final ball into Messi was almost always poor for some reason. The few occasions where he made proper runs were for nought- as the pass rarely made it him.

AzaR

Thought he had a good game regardless of the goals, sharp passing and created a number of clear cut chances.

I thought Alexis had a rather poor game, gave possession away too many times, created little (from what I can remember) and should have scored the opportunity Messi created for him. Neymar had a good game also, would say Alexis was the worst out the front 3

Noticed in recent games when Messi is in the middle he just looks stranded and gets less clear cut chances than what he is use to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans