10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerrybai

Thank God it was a different injury. He's had some awful luck recently but he will get over these injuries. Football is everything to him.

serghei

Consecutively scoring against every opponent already forgotten? PSG and Milan won single-leggedly was nothing? Winning La Liga Maradona-like without next to none support from other attackers.

Not deserved
, ok.

Not this year IMO. Barça fan or not, Ribery deserves it more.

F

Flavia

I don't buy the nutrition angle. Change of diet does not make him suddenly get injured this often. The change, if there was one, cannot have been a radical one, because he looks physically fit.
The change, if there was one, would have mainly influenced his level of energy and his overall strength.

If it was the ankle, then it is unrelated to anything besides just bad luck.

The muscular injuries are a direct product of him playing so much and at such a high level for the past 4-5 years. The body can only take so much when it being taxed so heavily for such a prolonged period.

Rest is the best medicine.

I don't know, changing diet makes your body function differently. I had a minor change in mine and I feel the difference. But it can't be the only reason. Playing so many games for so long may also be taking its toll on him.

I don't remember who bet 500 on him scoring a brace, but I imagine he must be in pain now too.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I don't know, changing diet makes your body function differently. I had a minor change in mine and I feel the difference. But it can't be the only reason. Playing so many games for so long may also be taking its toll on him.

I don't remember who bet 500 on him scoring a brace, but I imagine he must be in pain now too.

Changing your diet does make a difference, but it has to be an extreme change, like dropping whole groups of foods, or switching to vegetarian. However, the main change shows up in energy levels and overall strength.

You do not become injury prone by just changing your diet. Diet might contribute to an overall state of fitness, but it does not break down your body like so. Specially a high tuned athlete that you assume has a strict diet plan, whether the original or the presumed changed.

Messi_Goal

oh boy,right........
Messi needs to stay out the team til he is 100% fit not 99% but 100%
when he comes back he can be rusty as he wants,he will soon be on form.
forget being top goal scorer and the Ballon d'Or.
every time he goes down it looks like he expects to be injured.

all that said it is world cup next year he might just be being safe?

Sallou

I'll never forget when an injured Messi was brought on to single-handedly get us the win. he came on, created two goals and came back off. I've never seen anything like it.

Gaudi

messi should ask ronaldo for some advice on this, because i can't remember the last time when he was injured.

I rate Messi over CR in almost all categories, but CR is trully amazing athlete...never heard of his diet he just look ready all the time.

I know many will jump on this, but the biggest problem would be if it turns out to be Messi's fault..meaning: he runed a lot more before, than he turned that down a bit which is normal, to play every game. But every time I look stats from UEFA statt he runs 2-3km less than everyone else.
Maybe he is not training as hard, and that, every athlete knows, will come back to hunt you, and of course he walks a lot and then suddenly bursts in to sprint which puts more strain on muscles.
Of course I'm just guessing but saddly I don't belive in red meat theory that much, after all if it was only that he would change his diet back, he is not stupid nor he wants to be injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans