10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
I also checked some of the votes they published but only 1 of about 6 were entirely correct. I'm not sure how much credibility I'd give it but certainly not a lot.
In fact all the votes they posted are correct and confirmed by other sources, except one which only they posted.

Clockwise

Buccaneer
Oh come on! he might have been a bit childish now and then when he was 16-22... most dudes are like that, so what? he cant make mistakes if he is the best player on the earth? no one picks on CR or even Balotelli if he was a mischievous teenage either... Now he is writing a book on it? Lol ffs? I think the dude is in real need of some money...

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Report: Lionel Messi Wins The 2013 FIFA Ballon d'Or

Agencia News are exclusively reporting that FC Barcelona forward Lionel Messi has won the 2013 FIFA Ballon d'Or, fighting off competition from both Cristiano Ronaldo and Franck Ribery, who allegedly finish in second and third-place respectively

Ah, the joys of social networks. If you delve deep enough, there are always hidden gems to be found, particularly when it comes to sports. Whether it's "agents" proclaiming the next big transfer, "club insiders" bringing the latest dressing room gossip, or in this case, an unknown source with an "exclusive" report detailing the alleged winner of the 2013 FIFA Ballon d'Or.

Spoiler: it isn't Cristiano Ronaldo.

According to the mysterious @AgenciaNews, Lionel Messi will allegedly walk away with his fifth Ballon d'Or, leaving Cristiano Ronaldo and Franck Ribery trailing in his wake, with Andres Iniesta and former Barcelona striker, Zlatan Ibrahimovic occupying fourth and fifth place -- and usually, speculation and rumours like this would be discarded without much thought.

However, the Twitter handle in question has previous; they were amongst the first to report that FIFA had extended the voting deadline just a couple of weeks ago and somehow escaped the headlines last year, despite correctly predicting the rankings of the top five in the 2012 Ballon d'Or -- roughly a month before the results were officially announced. The same account tweeted an exclusive regarding Eric Abidal's move to Monte Carlo approximately 48 hours before AS Monaco confirmed the signing, and continuing on the Ballon d'Or theme, they also correctly reported the ranking of four of the top five managers in the 2012 FIFA World Coach of the Year Award.

Let's take it with a pinch of salt; Lionel Messi will surely remain an outsider for this year's award, but maybe success isn't out of his reach after all...

What do you think? Does Lionel Messi deserve to win his fifth consecutive Ballon d'Or?

It could just be a publicity stunt on their part.

Cule4life

The Culest
Oh come on! he might have been a bit childish now and then when he was 16-22... most dudes are like that, so what? he cant make mistakes if he is the best player on the earth? no one picks on CR or even Balotelli if he was a mischievous teenage either... Now he is writing a book on it? Lol ffs? I think the dude is in real need of some money...

Clockyyyyyy man. Welcome back. Where where you?

flamenco

1469775_587889177945800_547065111_n.jpg

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
He wasn't top scorer in the qualifiers, I know he got beaten by Suarez and I think by Higuain as well. He of course had less games to do it, but the facts remain...

F

Flavia

He wasn't top scorer in the qualifiers, I know he got beaten by Suarez and I think by Higuain as well. He of course had less games to do it, but the facts remain...

Just suarez, with 11. Messi scored 10, he was top scorer for Argentina. He and suarez played 14 games, suarez with +-100 minutes more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans