10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

barcanuck

Seriously though guys, it feels like Messi has been away for so long and need some fresh Messi memories to keep football afloat.

NotInHere

You forgot the sarcasm smile: :pep:
Source? They said he was gonna be back against Elche no? But if he's ready to go, and his management feels like it too, I see no reason why he can't be back by the end of December.

Flavia, I meant to respond to your last post where you said he wasn't going to be back before 2014

Last edited:

DinhoR10

We don't need him, its better for his career for him to be 100% not 80% when he comes back. We only need him for atletico and ucl knock-outs anyway.

F

Flavia

Source? They said he was gonna be back against Elche no? But if he's ready to go, and his management feels like it too, I see no reason why he can't be back by the end of December.

The Elche game is Jan 5th. He won't be rushed this time.

Mitchell1978

Flavia, I meant to respond to your last post where you said he wasn't going to be back before 2014

Would be unwise to rush him back again, its the main reason probably for the recurring injuries.

NotInHere

We don't need him, its better for his career for him to be 100% not 80% when he comes back. We only need him for atletico and ucl knock-outs anyway.
What makes you think he's not 100% right now as we speak? Playing him during the next few matches we have would be foolish, I meant bringing him back to Barsa so he could practice with his teammates and get his groove back, then they could start giving him minutes.

F

Flavia

What makes you think he's not 100% right now as we speak? Playing him during the next few matches we have would be foolish, I meant bringing him back to Barsa so he could practice with his teammates and get his groove back, then they could start giving him minutes.

They made a plan for his recovery, there's no need to change it. Being in Argentina is good, as he can disconnect and not get anxious to come back.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Healing his injury completely is a big milestone, but the temptation for him to return sooner than plan should be disregarded. While he's in Argentina, he's training hard as hell day in day out. You can be assured he's training all aspects of his play: strength, agility, technique, shooting, and most importantly he's building endurance. You could be built like a hulk yet still get injured as much as Adriano, the key to staying fit is durable muscles and lengthy training sessions prove that he's conditioning himself well.

Staying in Argentina to continue the planned recovery is probably 10x better than a hasty change. 12 hours per day working is improving him more than he would in Barcelona, plus he lives detached from all the pressure in Europe being focused and disciplined.

Irish_Cules

Ye it will do him so much good to spend the next few weeks training. Almost like a personal pre-season of sorts for the second half of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans