jiopi

This is better though.

85-84.jpg

J

jiopi

la liga season over

imo his best fc barcelona season

yes he did not light up CL but he had injuries
Definitely better, his finishing became godlike, or even better. He had less space than ever before, what did he do? Scored with much better conversion ratio than ever before.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Thanks for winning us the title, Leo! You're the greatest of all time, no doubt. No thanks to Tito.

This. IMO, Messi is the only won(Cesc and Iniesta helped a bit too) that TRULY deserves the La Liga title. He won it pretty much on his own.

Tbf, Iniesta did really well too. We have quite a few great players (though we will definitely need new signings in certain areas for next season), we just haven't been good as a team (mainly because of Tito and his shit tactics, rotation, etc).

But yeah, Messi was HUGE in the La Liga win (understatement of the year). There's no way we could have done it without him. I suppose you can say he carried us to it. Thanks for winning us the title, GOAT! :D

Messi carried us to a league win with a record points haul, as well as the CL semis. All with our shit coach, shit tactics, etc. Not to mention he scored 60 goals despite his injury. I've heard a few people say that a Bayern player not winning the Ballon d'or or Messi winning it would be a disgrace, but I think it's the opposite. I think anyone but Messi winning the Ballon d'or would be a disgrace (unless, of course, he doesn't do well in the second half of the year, but I doubt that'll happen).

Last edited:
J

jiopi

Messi has scored most goals this Liga, most at home ànd away, in 1st ànd 2nd half, in 1st ànd 2nd round, as starter ànd as sub. [via pn]

:messi:

CatalinR10

I seriously think he can beat Dixie Dean's record of 60 goals in a season considering that Neymar will help him with more space in the offensive line by dragging the defenders of Messi's back. Can't wait for next season to see the Messi - Neymar combo .

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
I seriously think he can beat Dixie Dean's record of 60 goals in a season considering that Neymar will help him with more space in the offensive line by dragging the defenders of Messi's back. Can't wait for next season to see the Messi - Neymar combo .

On the contrary, I believe there is a big possibility the number of goals Messi will make can go down due to the fact there is another person to tap in goals, take some FKs or dribble with the ball and score goals. Due to the pathetic level of our forwards this year Messi just HAD to do it all on his own. Neymar can, and hopefully will, share the burden.

On the contrary, I believe there is a big possibility the number of goals Messi will make can go down due to the fact there is another person to tap in goals, take some FKs or dribble with the ball and score goals. Due to the pathetic level of our forwards this year Messi just HAD to do it all on his own. Neymar can, and hopefully will, share the burden.

If Sanchez could finish, he'd probably have 20+ goals. So I don't think Messi's goal stats will decrease that much with Neymar in the team.

Not to mention that like catalinutzR80 said, Neymar should give opposition defenders something else to worry about, which'll only help Messi.

barcanuck

I'm expecting a solid 50 goals out of Messi every year. 60-70 goals are very very very hard for him to emmulate again. I'd be happy with more goals from others and more assists from Messi.

J

jiopi

With Neymar reaching success, and Sanchez keeping the form up to next season, I see no problems Messi scoring even more. Lets not forget that he's not even his peak yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans