10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

Just put him back in the middle.

I remember many here begging here to play rw, that he would be better, that his best times were there and such...

Tonight the front 3 was changing positions a lot, but he was still more at rw. Tata should put him back as false 9.

Meitux

Yeah he was bad, i think everybody saw that, but what is the bottom line? I think anybody can have a bad day. We should wait until the next game to see how he does. For today he was bad, but you guys make a serious overreaction out of it..

BarcaGirl

I don't need Messi to score 2-3 every second game. I want the Messi from 10-11 back ...the one who was so explosiv and fast and played with so much passion that almost no one could stop him. This isn't the same anymore. He isn't even trying in some games, and just walks around and does nothing. If he doesn't want to run or do what the Coach wants from him (aka RW), just bench his ass. I know he's Messi, but he's not more important than the team.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If you read my sentence again, and analyse its every word, you will notice I wasn't talking about today. The reason why he's being complained about so much is because he's set unbelievable standards.

True, but I'd argue that even players that are much worse than Messi would be criticized for this kind of performance (not trying hard enough). He was completely different on Tuesday, today he was a totally different person.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I would have subbed him early 2nd half... he looked and played terrible.

Same here...

And he's too fixated on scoring, there were many times when he had an available pass and went for the impossible... He should chill out and don't rush to get his groove back...

JamDav1982

He has not been shit in other matched but other than the second half of the Celta game he has not been anywhere near the presence he has been in the past.

There looks to me something that is on his mind or bothering him.

Many times today the team were a man light and looked like creating nothing as Messi as the focal point of the attack barely ever broke into any more than a slow jog.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I don't need Messi to score 2-3 every second game. I want the Messi from 10-11 back ...the one who was so explosiv and fast and played with so much passion that almost no one could stop him. This isn't the same anymore. He isn't even trying in some games, and just walks around and does nothing. If he doesn't want to run or do what the Coach wants from him (aka RW), just bench his ass. I know he's Messi, but he's not more important than the team.

Good post!

F

Flavia

He's coming back from multiple injuries... It's amazing that somehow people forget that. This year he had a ton of bad luck with them.

JamDav1982

He's coming back from multiple injuries... It's amazing that somehow people forget that. This year he had a ton of bad luck with them.

If the injuries are affecting him to the point he cant move off the ball then he needs to admit that. Its barely an excuse and it could have cost Barca the game.

Kerrybai

A poor game for him against the parked bus. The space we had against Celta really suited the team. I think we should have given them more of the ball to his them on the counter, similar to the way we played against Madrid.

CatalinR10

Anywayyyyy.....

Since we are in early November , it seems it's time again for people to start complaining about Messi' s performance as they do every year , only to have multiple orgasms once they see Messi turning on beast mode late in the season , as always.

I'm not even concerned by the way he's playing now :coffee:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Well said. I miss that Messi too, who was evidently near that level just this past Tuesday.

I am really worried and baffled. Where does the inconsistency come from? He is only 26, there is no way he is past his prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans