10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afro

Yeah, it's pretty much Ronaldo's to lose now by the looks of things. :(

Bit of a daft question seeing as it's apparently readily available on the internet: anyone got the records Messi has broke in 2013, and his minutes per goal stats? Tried looking earlier on and can't seem to find them.

sickstar

Ronaldo to win ballon, though hard to admit it, 2013-2014 season has been all him

If the voters stick with title as a meter, Ribery would clinch it.

Btw, they both has just brought their countries two tickets for the finals. Ronaldo, honestly, has made it impressive with 4 on 2.

Still, no one can argue who is better player if Messi is 100 percent fit. This year just not his year. Why i think it that way? It's because he's not only scorer, but also a creator. The thing that each of Ribery and Ronaldo shares at.

By the very same reason too, Argentina would once more, face one more failure at WC. They just have to find alternative if Messi is heavily guarded or not 100 percent fit.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Ronaldo to win ballon, though hard to admit it, 2013-2014 season has been all him

If the voters stick with title as a meter, Ribery would clinch it.

Btw, they both has just brought their countries two tickets for the finals. Ronaldo, honestly, has made it impressive with 4 on 2.

Still, no one can argue who is better player if Messi is 100 percent fit. This year just not his year. Why i think it that way? It's because he's not only scorer, but also a creator. The thing that each of Ribery and Ronaldo shares at.

cr wasn't the best player all year. Just the past 2 months. Messi also started better the season, august and september Messi>cr. But all of a sudden he should win it... What some hype and media pressure do is mindblowing.

NotInHere

Yup, sadly Ronaldo has been playing amazing this year and has been the best player in the world for the past months

Hard to like him tho, his personality sucks, but I can see that he's an amazing player

F

Flavia

[h=1]Leo Messi to receive the Golden Boot on Wednesday[/h] www.fcbarcelona.cat
11/19/2013 16:41

The player will pick up the award at the Old Factory Damm during an event that will be attended by President Sandro Rosell

2012-10-29_BOTA_ORO_06.v1384875832.JPG

Leo Messi will receive his third Golden Boot trophy at 12.30 on Wednesday. The award is given to the player with the highest league goal tally from the previous season. The Argentinian forward, who scored 46 goals in the 2012/13 season, also won the 2009/10 (34 goals) and 2011/12 (50 goals) editions of the award.
[h=3]High-profile event[/h] The event will be celebrated at the Old Factory Damm in Barcelona. The trophy will be awarded by ESM (European Sports Media).

Among the attendees, in addition to Messi, will be President Sandro Rosell, vice-president Josep Maria Bartomeu and the directors Jordi Moix, Pilar Guinovart and Ramon Pont.

[h=4]Follow it live[/h] The award ceremony will be streamed live on www.fcbarcelona.com and broadcast live on Barça TV

CatalinR10

Shame,no way is Messi getting it this year then :(

Why ? Because Ronaldo is in better form due to Messi being injured ?

Messi has 2 trophies , the golden boot , scored against all teams in La Liga in 21 consecutive games and had more goals than Ronaldo in the begining of the season up untill he got injured again.

KhaledBarca

check this clown's tweet

Piers Morgan
Best in the world and, in my opinion, the best ever to play the game. Give @cristiano the Ballon d'Or now.

-----------------

The way people are hyping and overrating him is ridiculous!

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
check this clown's tweet

Piers Morgan
Best in the world and, in my opinion, the best ever to play the game. Give @cristiano the Ballon d'Or now.

-----------------

The way people are hyping and overrating him is ridiculous!

Piers Morgan has no credibility anyway. Just look at his comments on Aaron Ramsey.

T

tariqo

Didn't know that beating a pathetic team like sweeden make you the best ^_^

Messi gonna win again forsure

And for those talking about how great fake ronaldo was this year

I wanna reminde them that he won nothing at all so please stfu

KhaledBarca

yes but he has a lot of followers, which help spreading his thoughts!
Even Gary Lineker comments who's a Messi fan has joined in and hyping Tristiano after every goal!

The way media is overrating him is annoying especially that its in the same period that Messi is out injured!

BTW, at 2-1 Sweden plan was stupid.. Played to much open and gave POR and Tristiano to much spaces!

I think Messi has a chance of winning the Ballon d'or, since he has a combination of individual performance and titles (it's an individual award so they shouldn't matter that much, but they can definitely sway voters). Ronaldo has no titles and Ribery wasn't anywhere near Messi or Ronaldo individually. And despite his injuries, Messi hasn't been that far behind Ronaldo individually. Still, I think it's gonna be 1. Ronaldo 2. Messi and 3. Ribery. Deserved too, unfortunately :(

Oh well, as I said on the Ronaldo thread, it could be a blessing in disguise. Could get Messi fired up and ultra-motivated. I have a feeling Messi will be back with a vengeance next year, especially if Ronaldo wins the Ballon d'or.

Last edited:

siosi

A month ago, Cr had zero chance of winning Ballon d'or this year,
nobody thought about possiblity of him winning it.
Only just a month later, he is treated like favourite...how is that possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans