10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yannick03

On December 5th, Balague will release his book of Messi. An extraction :

Pep Guardiola discovered one of Leo’s pressure points early on in his tenure. As he admitted to Martin Souto, Messi got annoyed because he was replaced in the 81st minute by Pedro. With the match already wrapped up with an emphatic 4–0 lead, Pep wanted to give him a rest in preparation for the Real Madrid match seven days later. Thierry Henry had scored a hat-trick but Leo was quiet. According to Catalan radio station RAC1, 'the Flea' turned up at the training ground the following day but did not get changed and was clearly mad about the match and substitution.

Messi gets angry when he is replaced and also when he is not given the ball when he thinks he should get it. But, as Estiarte once said to Leo, other footballers simply do not see the game as he does: "I used to be like you. I would see it clearly, but the thing is it is not that obvious to the others. They aren’t as good as you."
Orion

"Look, I also get annoyed when they don’t pass it to me, if I see an opening and I don’t get the ball," explains Gustavo Oberman, the Argentine international who won the Under-20 World Cup alongside Messi. "Maybe his anger is more noticeable with so many cameras on him. But it is something that every player does, from the best in the world to the village boys having a kickabout with friends. I do it because I think the best option is down my side and there are times when I don’t pass because I can’t see the other openings. It isn’t out of selfishness or personal ambition, because he provides many assists, too, he doesn’t just score."

That was the same Leo whom Pep discovered to be competitive to the extreme, even in friendlies. Diego Milito tells of how Messi used to shout: "Pass to me, I’ll sort it out," if his team was losing in a kickabout in training. He also followed football codes that he had learned in Argentina: in the book 'When We Never Lost' Juan Villoro tells of a training session in which Sergio Busquets went hard in on the ball and gashed Messi’s leg.

The session continued and in the dressing room the midfielder went to apologise to him. "The victim answered in a measured voice," Villoro continues, "pointing to the wound: 'it says Sergio Busquets here'." Leo was not going to forget that; he owed him one. "Days later, the incident apparently forgotten, he tackled Busquets very hard and smiled with almost childish glee: it had been payback time."

Villoro explains that in a game against Espanyol, the city rivals, at their stadium in Cornella, he celebrated the 5–1 victory by patrolling the wing nearest to the benches, occasionally throwing sidelong glances at the rival coach, fellow Argentinian Mauricio Pochettino. And every now and then if a winger or forward, those around him, didn’t pass him the ball, he would also show his disgust. Guardiola understood that those were two faces of the same coin. And he was learning how to handle it.

Since starting his career in the game, Pep has always known there are footballers who have to be treated differently. He saw it in the Barcelona dressing room as a player with Hristo Stoichkov and Romario. When he started to think as a coach, he reflected on how such supposed favouritism could be applied without affecting the group...

It seems like Balague is looking for a sensational story, can't believe this is true...

The Observer

It's pathetic how the media is trying to portray him as a "nice guy infront of cameras but absolute tyrant behind the scenes" type of guy and Ronaldo as "the misunderstood nice guy whose tantrums on the pitch don't reflect his true personality and everyone is just envious because he's rich". There is no way Barca can keep proper dressing room harmony as they do with Messi being a dick and deliberately kicking players like Busquets in training.

messi_busquets_barcelona_gi_rf_102911_20111029182531517_600_400.jpg

1799521949-20102010224517.jpg

Busquets-Messi-Sanchez-PI_20131119082843159_660_320.JPG

article-2221639-15A0C5A7000005DC-909_634x461.jpg

Lionel%2BMessi%2BSergio%2BBusquets%2BBarcelona%2Bv%2BManchester%2BB1vTDuVKOqTl.jpg

Busquets: "I would be reincarnated as Messi. I’ve seen him do things no one else can."

Maria

Since starting his career in the game, Pep has always known there are footballers who have to be treated differently. He saw it in the Barcelona dressing room as a player with Hristo Stoichkov and Romario. When he started to think as a coach, he reflected on how such supposed favouritism could be applied without affecting the group...

It seems like Balague is looking for a sensational story, can't believe this is true...

Pep said in that spot with Fernando Trueba that EVERY footballer needs to be treated differently and even "manipulated" so that you can bring the best out of him(from the 6th minute):

I can't believe that someone that wrote a book about Pep wouldn't know something like this. :rolleyes:

Balague has a tendency to spit BS. Any word of his should be taken with a ton of salt

And he writes for AS..and he's a perico.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
You gotta love a biography on a person whom you don't even get to interview...worse still, handled by a nutter like Balague

KhaledBarca

Cristiano ronaldo didn't want to attend, so the liga president invented a new award this year ("most valuable player", no votes) and gave it to him :lol:

AS and Marca's cover for 3 Dec was Cristiano being chosen the MVP of Liga 2012/13... THAT PROPAGANDA hahahahah pathetic people!
BajNgYrCAAAviEZ.jpg

The award was created on 1 December :lol:
Bag1SjvCYAAXuY8.png:large

Liga 2012-2013 awards >
Best Goalkeeper: Courtois
Defender: Ramos
Defensive midfielder: Illarramendi
Attacking midfielder: Iniesta
Forward: Messi
Player: Messi

*The official Liga awards are voted for by coaches and players in the spanish league.

Cule4life

The Culest
So far Messi has made Tello cry, called Alexis useless and hard tackled Busquets to get revenge. Am i missing anything?

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
You missed him bullying Villa and Ibra and forcing them out of the club. Also I love how the only thing about Barca on that cover is that we are in a "crisis". :lol:

suckabov

Lemon curry?
So far Messi has made Tello cry, called Alexis useless and hard tackled Busquets to get revenge. Am i missing anything?

Argueing with Villa, drinking a coke in front of Pep's eyes, not showing up for a meet & greet, cancelling the charity match. He probably also denies Thiago his dessert and beats his dog, etc etc.

abual3bed1

Liga 2012-2013 awards >

*The official Liga awards are voted for by coaches and players in the spanish league.

Sergio " 2 yellow cards within a minute " Ramos was the best defender of last season? :lol:

NotInHere

Cristiano ronaldo didn't want to attend, so the liga president invented a new award this year ("most valuable player", no votes) and gave it to him :lol:

AS and Marca's cover for 3 Dec was Cristiano being chosen the MVP of Liga 2012/13... THAT PROPAGANDA hahahahah pathetic people!
BajNgYrCAAAviEZ.jpg

The award was created on 1 December :lol:
Bag1SjvCYAAXuY8.png:large

Liga 2012-2013 awards >
Why everyone wants to make Ronaldo happy right now is beyond me, hard to respect a whiner like him.

BarcaGirl

Michel Platini: "The extension of the voting period for ballon d’Or? FIFA might made it to please Ronaldo."

He knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans