10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jiopi

Messi%20Goal%20Sevilla.gif

K

Karnivore

He's struggled recently in those matches. Was a period when he couldn't stop scoring in them, was the best player on the pitch in each of them too. Performances in the 5-0 and 6-2 results stand out, not to mention the hat-trick in 2007 and THAT solo goal in the CL Semi in 2011.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
The team as a whole has been doing bad in clasicos recently. I hope that we can get out of this and start dominating Madrid like we used to. Although the tactics currently (playing cesc, alves+alba, mascherano, iniesta on the wing) are harming us and do not work against a team that presses like madrid.

Garrus

Messi: "With Villa up front in the second half, Sevilla's centre backs couldn't move forward, which gave me more space."

Wow. And it only took the coaching staff 1 1/2 seasons to realize that you need a striker upfront to occupy the centrebacks or otherwise Messi will be surrounded by 2 DMs and 2 CBs? Geniuses. But let's not worry. Fabregas should be well rested now for the Clasico.
It's not as simple as that, Alves had to be the right winger and the right back at the same time, With our typical 4-3-3 line-up pedro cover his ass when he advance, With this it's all on his own , It was very risky and it didn't take time for sevillia to start exploiting dani's space, You can't do that against real madrid for example, Unless you want ronaldo to make history against us.
A great plan B for a desperate situation, Yep, Should we start a game with this?, Hell no!!

Last edited:

barcanuck

I was a bit surprised at the 2nd half tactics that seemed to work VERY well. Kudos to whichever coach came up with it. it was something like:

Tello----------Villa------------Alves
-----------Messi-------------------

Tello and Alves stretched the play and played in crosses and other regular wing play. Villa occupied the CB's right on their defensive line as a striker and roamed a bit. Messi occupied the space around villa and roamed through the left, right, center, etc. and was able to get inolved in the play and link up very well. After we scored they started pressing more and abandoned the bus.

From your finger tips to Roura's ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans