10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I cannot believe that CR will win the bdor!!! :banghead:

He does deserve to win it though.

Let's hope Messi and our whole team will keep performing well and win many trophies in the next many years to come, which will secure a few more awards for Messi.

But honestly, I have lost appetite and interest in this BD award. It is nice to win it, but it is just a popularity contest award given out to the one with the most hype. We all know how Messi and Ronaldo really compare.

Frodo_FCB

What is most annoying is that CR won the bdor last year, when he didnt deserve it and with all that thing with fifa re-opening the voting.

Kohe321

This is just a standard "never know what the future holds" kind of answers. I think the interview he gave to Barca after yesterdays game is what mirrors his real feelings on this - he wants to stay at Barca and is not leaving. The "three musqueteers" picture from yesterdays match illustrates who's going to be the foundation for rebuilding Barca in the years to come. :)

hardyboy

10934061_999308050097877_1570689415838233498_n.jpg

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Nice suits; reminds me of the one Leo wore to the Gala for 2011. Far better than the one Leo wore with flowers for the Golden Boot in 2013.

bismp

He does deserve to win it though.

Let's hope Messi and our whole team will keep performing well and win many trophies in the next many years to come, which will secure a few more awards for Messi.

But honestly, I have lost appetite and interest in this BD award. It is nice to win it, but it is just a popularity contest award given out to the one with the most hype. We all know how Messi and Ronaldo really compare.
Well,i believe Neuer deserves it more.Regarding Messi vs Cr though:

Messi had a decent form in Jan-March period,which is great for any other player.Then he hit his absolute worst period of his career between April and May.His form was so bad back then(with occasional moments of brilliance),that it was bad even for an average player.Then Messi had a mediocre WC for his standards,which is quite good form for all the other players,but we have to say that he led ARG to the final,while being literally the only attacking threat(People say he had better teammates than CR,but in reality Aguero,Higuain and Di Maria were all crap).Finally,in 2014/2015 season,Messi has been playing consistently well,with a few bad matches due to shitty tactics and also a few moments of GOATness.The thing is that,apart from scoring,Messi is an all around player.Statistics show that he is a much better dribbler and creator than CR,and they scored a similar amount of goals,despite Messi playing for a far inferior team.
On the other hand,CR was just good until May,was a waste in the WC and great between September and November.People say he won more silverware,but the truth is quite different.He didn't participate in the CdR final,and he was totally absent in the CHL final.In fact,CR was absent in all important games in 2014,except the second Bayern semifinal:both barcelona matches,the WC,Atletico....He hit great form the last few months and scored a extraordinary amount of goals,while playing though in a great team which were crushig the opposition 7-0ish.I am not saying he is not great,but personally i have seen better years from him.
Finally Neuer,was consistently good all year.He won the WC with great performances,the Bundesliga and also reevolutionised the GK position.His only flop this season was the CHL,although i don't remember if he could do anything at all.The thing,though,is that people forget that the WC is by far the most important trophy,not only in football,but perhaps in the whole sports.

To sum up,i belive that his is my ranking:Neuer>Messi>=CR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans