10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

anguy

Playing him on the right is one of the best things Lucho has done while hes been here. Playing like the GOAT :worthy:

That has nothing to do with him playing on right... He played great in the center too, before position change... 2 of his goals yesterday were from center left position too, not right. He often cut inside and left just Alves (who was unable to do crap) to cover whole right flank. As a result there was huge amount of unused space on the right and overcrowded left and center.

hardyboy

During training today

10906559_1002990966396252_9013017084258820220_n.jpg

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
On SSN this morning some guy said Messi will be in great form against Man City so he can force a move to play for them next season :facepalm:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Messi was named as the world's 2nd best playmaker in 2014 by IFFHS:

RANKINGS 2014

1 – Toni KROOS (Germany / FC Bayern München / Real Madrid CF) 110 points

2 – Lionel MESSI (Argentina / FC Barcelona) 108 points

3 – James RODRIGUEZ (Colombia / AS Monaco / Real Madrid CF) 53 points

4 – Andrès INIESTA (Spain / FC Barcelona) 38 points

5 – Yaya TOURE (Côte d’Ivoire / Manchester City FC) 29 points

6 – Bastian SCHWEINSTEIGER (Germany / FC Bayern München) 28 points

7 – NEYMAR (Brazil / FC Barcelona) and Luka MODRIC (Croatia / Real Madrid CF) 21 points

9 – Eden HAZARD (Belgium / Chelsea FC London) 18 points

10 – Ivan RAKITIC (Croatia / FC Sevilla / FC Barcelona) 5 points

Kroos the best playmaker? I think the fact that he was with Real Madrid which won the CL and Germany which won the WC hugely benefitted him. Otherwise, based on his performances alone (which are by no means bad at all, don't get me wrong), he wouldn't be getting that many points. How many chances has he created?

Icarium

Lifestealer
Cristiano not even in top 10 :eusa_think:

But.. But he has the most number of assists in the league this season :pep:

Anyway what the hell is toni kroos is doing on the top.. What about Cesc? Is he not a playmaker? Is James really a that good playmaker, did not see much of his games.

No surprise there, what really surprised me was Cesc is not on the list. Also Iniesta is too high on the ranking.

Iniesta will be almost on every list. Not surprising if you consider how elegantly he plays, you will be just forced to put his name on. If i was making any list my thought process will go like this.... Iniesta is not doing so great lately but what the hell he is iniesta. All these awards and lists don't mean shit though, what he really deserved was one ballon d'or.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans