10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morten

Huh? This is the first time I am hearing this.

What do you mean? I am really perplexed.

They have the same amount of assists or just about, but Ronaldo did it with less chances created. It means Ronaldo have created "better" chances, or that messis teammates are much more wasteful. Thats just one way of looking at it. Yes, Messi is a better creator, we all know.

JamDav1982

They have the same amount of assists or just about, but Ronaldo did it with less chances created. It means Ronaldo have created "better" chances, or that messis teammates are much more wasteful. Thats just one way of looking at it. Yes, Messi is a better creator, we all know.

Or it means Ronaldo will only pass for a tap in to a team mate if nothing else is on.

Otherwise he will shoot.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

That's really stretching it, isn't it?

If we really have to follow your line of thinking, then it will have to be the latter then. Anyone who has religiously followed both players will laugh at the notion that Ronaldo creates "better" chances.

Morten

That's really stretching it, isn't it?

If we really have to follow your line of thinking, then it will have to be the latter then. Anyone who has religiously followed both players will laugh at the notion that Ronaldo creates "better" chances.

I dont personally believe Ronaldo is a better creator, im just messing with you. However, the chances messi has created this far have had a relatively poor end product this far,i have to say, thats all.

Bertus

All of that is great but all I want is Messi winning trophies again instead of people masturbating over his statistics.

History will remember the trophies he has won, no one will talk about his stats during the half season 2014/15.

Kerrybai

No you are looking at it the wrong way, Madrid get many goals from counter attacks which is where Ronaldo gets many of his assists, example cross to bale vs espanyol. Messi's chances created tend to occur when the opposition have defenders back and thus the chances are more difficult. The Reason Messi has less assists for chances created is down to the different playing styles of the two teams. Also some barca players have missed some great chances from Messi's passes and thats just down to poor finishing.

Or in other ways the chances created stat is one of the most useless out there, in fact so is the assist stat. Did you see Neymars goal vs Atletico? That went down as an assist for Suarez so statistically Messi gets no credit for it.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
All of that is great but all I want is Messi winning trophies again instead of people masturbating over his statistics.

History will remember the trophies he won, no one will talk about his stats during the half season 2014/15.

He has won more trophies than most players could dream about. Including that incredible sextuple.

DonAK

The only thing he is missing are trophies with Argentina. They should be able to win Copa America this year or the one Copa America Centenario next year. Will be difficult though. Brazil, Chile, Uruguay, Colombia are all capable of going all the way and lifting it in the end.

DonAK

Yup, and I want him to win even more.

Especially this year Liga.

If we're playing the way we're doing right now then we can definitely take both the Liga and Copa this season. Just need to stay consistent and have a bit of luck on our side too.

Bertus

The only thing he is missing are trophies with Argentina. They should be able to win Copa America this year or the one Copa America Centenario next year. Will be difficult though. Brazil, Chile, Uruguay, Colombia are all capable of going all the way and lifting it in the end.
I'll be honest, I'd prefer a Liga+CL instead.

But I guess you might be right from his point of view. Maybe he would prefer trophies with argentina.

That said, I think he wants them all, even if he won some of them already.

DonAK

I'll be honest, I'd prefer a Liga+CL instead.

But I guess you might be right from his point of view. Maybe he would prefer trophies with argentina.

That said, I think he wants them all, even if he won some of them already.

Oh yeah, I wouldn't be too bothered if he don't win with Argentina. I want trophies this season like every season, just pointing out that he has won everything but trophies with them which he could be getting soon too.

CL this season will be difficult, but who knows?

La Liga and Copa are realistic goals though, definitely realistic if we can keep playing as well as the last 2 weeks or so.

Bertus

Oh yeah, I wouldn't be too bothered if he don't win with Argentina. I want trophies this season like every season, just pointing out that he has won everything but trophies with them which he could be getting soon too.

CL this season will be difficult, but who knows?

La Liga and Copa are realistic goals though, definitely realistic if we can keep playing as well as the last 2 weeks or so.
I'm busy and can't watch all games.

Just watched tonight a good part of the last barcelona games I missed and it feels nice to see them playing this good.

I also really like the Suarez, Neymar, Messi chemistry.

You know I'm not among those who thought from the start that Barca would not win anything this season. I was optimistic when people said it was done. I even defended Lucho more than once... :lol:

Maybe Barca will win trophies this year, maybe not. But at least right now it seems believable for more people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans