10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bertus

Is James really a that good playmaker, did not see much of his games.
It's for the whole 2014 year I guess so yeah it's about right.

As I said many times, he single handedly led Monaco to the top in 2014. He had the most assists for the season, and no one came close to him as a playmaker in Ligue 1.

Icarium

Lifestealer
So real madrid destroys another talent then... Nothing surprising there. Reus might be in for a similar fate. If for some unknown they play well for one season they will immediately sell him for highest bidder and buy another talented/hyped player. What a stupid way of running the club, if real did not win la decima not only me but every body can see how stupid their transfer deals look like. 1 CL and 1 League in 6 years is very bad considering how many top level players they bought during that time.

L

linetty

Messi was named as the world's 2nd best playmaker in 2014 by IFFHS:

Kroos the best playmaker? I think the fact that he was with Real Madrid which won the CL and Germany which won the WC hugely benefitted him. Otherwise, based on his performances alone (which are by no means bad at all, don't get me wrong), he wouldn't be getting that many points. How many chances has he created?
Fabregas not in top 10 playmakers in the world?? Hahaha, I'm dying... What is this based on?

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Messi was named as the world's 2nd best playmaker in 2014 by IFFHS:

Kroos the best playmaker? I think the fact that he was with Real Madrid which won the CL and Germany which won the WC hugely benefitted him. Otherwise, based on his performances alone (which are by no means bad at all, don't get me wrong), he wouldn't be getting that many points. How many chances has he created?

So many players don't deserve a place on that list if one wants to hold true to the 'playmaker' definition (Kroos, Schweinsteiger, James, Rakitic, Toure, lel). Cesc, Di Maria, Koke, Alexis (for Arsenal/Chile), Benzema are better examples of players who actually create plays and provide for their teammates.

Bertus

So real madrid destroys another talent then... Nothing surprising there. Reus might be in for a similar fate. If for some unknown they play well for one season they will immediately sell him for highest bidder and buy another talented/hyped player. What a stupid way of running the club, if real did not win la decima not only me but every body can see how stupid their transfer deals look like. 1 CL and 1 League in 6 years is very bad considering how many top level players they bought during that time.
RM didn't detsroy anything yet as far as James is concerned.

From my point of view, he's doing good enough at RM for now. And if you want to argue about his transfer fee, I would love to know about how much money RM gets thanks to him via marketing and the like.

And if he's as useful as Bale was last year in important games, no RM fans will care about what you and some others think.

Instead of trying to belittle RM all the time, we should try to actually win something this year.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
So many players don't deserve a place on that list if one wants to hold true to the 'playmaker' definition (Kroos, Schweinsteiger, James, Rakitic, Toure, lel). Cesc, Di Maria, Koke, Alexis (for Arsenal/Chile), Benzema are better examples of players who actually create plays and provide for their teammates.

Agreed. In the case of Kroos particularly, I think he really excels in linking up defense and offense and his superb distribution, but in terms of creating opportunities for others, not so much.

blaugrana1987

ELN60un.jpg

WHOA! Didn't realize Messi was THAT much better. Better in every single category actually. Truly is a GOAT.

*This includes only UCL and La Liga

Real owns la liga, the refs have always been slightly in favour of them. This goes way back in spanish football. The 2011/12 season was pretty much unbelivable, I dont know how many points real got because of the refs, but it definitely was some!

blaugrana1987

Real owns la liga, the refs have always been slightly in favour of them. This goes way back in spanish football. The 2011/12 season was pretty much unbelivable, I dont know how many points real got because of the refs, but it definitely was some!
Eh...Yea they dived and cheated this year, but they have been playing much more direct and as result got fair bit of pens.

Morten

ELN60un.jpg

WHOA! Didn't realize Messi was THAT much better. Better in every single category actually. Truly is a GOAT.

*This includes only UCL and La Liga

Did he win every category? Thats new to me. Dont look like he won scoring, duels is debatable. One could also argue Ronaldo has been much more effective in creating goals, needing to produce less chances for the same result, but i wont go there.

Morten

I expected Messi to have a bigger lead in passing stats. Barca still have much more possession than us, and play more short and safe passes. Its obviously easier to have a higher percentage in such a team. But there is no doubt he is a better passer.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Did he win every category? Thats new to me. Dont look like he won scoring, duels is debatable. One could also argue Ronaldo has been much more effective in creating goals, needing to produce less chances for the same result, but i wont go there.

Huh? This is the first time I am hearing this.

What do you mean? I am really perplexed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans