10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerrybai

B78liujCMAAtTjJ.png:large

His conversion rate is back to over 20% again. That finishing from last season and the start of this season was a bit worrying for a while, so glad he's sorted that out.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Needs 3 more assists to equal Figo's record...

It is hard to say if the record is figo's or not. Xavi has apparently 112 assists in la liga. That is 5 more than figo. You can't find proper statistics for assists.

It also depends on how they calculate assists.

Last edited:

raskolnikov

Depends a bit on how long they will continue I think, if they continue til 38/40 like Romario they might crack top 5, if they end it at 34/35 it probably won't.
I feel Messi wont reach it but Ronaldo might since something like that would be very important for him.

Kerrybai

Depends a bit on how long they will continue I think, if they continue til 38/40 like Romario they might crack top 5, if they end it at 34/35 it probably won't.
I feel Messi wont reach it but Ronaldo might since something like that would be very important for him.

True but Ronaldo is about to turn 30, and his knees could become more problematic... although it has to be said he is in prime physical shape so if his knees hold out he could be scoring a lot of goals late into his career.

I also see Messi playing till 40 in Argentina, his love of the game is so strong that it would be hard for him to just stop playing.

raskolnikov

True but Ronaldo is about to turn 30, and his knees could become more problematic... although it has to be said he is in prime physical shape so if his knees hold out he could be scoring a lot of goals late into his career.

I also see Messi playing till 40 in Argentina, his love of the game is so strong that it would be hard for him to just stop playing.

Yeah if he stays injuryfree Ronaldo might continue for 5/6 more years at the highest level before moving to the USA to be Beckham for several years.
Khaled also had an alternative list which was more accurate than the rssf, I think it was more reachable as well since rssf used youthgoals as well.

Here's my top 4..

- Most Career Goals EVER (Senior Level, Top Leagues):
1st: Pele (757 goals in 815 games)
2nd: Romario (749g in 972m)
3rd: Puskas (709g in 720m)
4th: Gerd Muller (640g in 723m)
Messi (348g in 461m)

*couldn't find a reliable source for Bican Stats!

This was 1.5 years ago:) 82 Messi goals in 88 games since then:p not that bad for the so called worst period in his career where he only walked and was a shadow of his former self the whole time.

Last edited:

Kerrybai

Yeah if he stays injuryfree Ronaldo might continue for 5/6 more years at the highest level before moving to the USA to be Beckham for several years.
Khaled also had an alternative list which was more accurate than the rssf, I think it was more reachable as well since rssf used youthgoals as well.

This was 1.5 years ago:)

Yeah I remember that list, khaled was great for stats. This is still my favourite Messi stats site http://kahkonen.arkku.net/messi/?matches/index/Every

Morten

I dont care much about the records of Pele and Romario, la liga and PL is miles above the brazilian league back then or now. Messi or Ronaldo wont catch them, but it doesnt matter.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28

tumblr_myvv07At841rmin5no1_400.gif

Messi ain't lasting till 40 mate, no matter how much he loves football. He'll retire around 33-35.

Kerrybai

tumblr_myvv07At841rmin5no1_400.gif

Messi ain't lasting till 40 mate, no matter how much he loves football. He'll retire around 33-35.

Why not? He certainly won't be worn out from running too much and he hasn't had serious injury problems that would force an early retirement ( Knee's, joints etc )

I reckon he'll be at Barca till he's 35 like Xavi, then he'll play in Argentina.

hardyboy

Lionel Messi becomes the youngest player ever to score 21 or more goals in seven consecutive seasons -23, 34, 31, 50, 46, 48 and 21 goals- in domestic competition.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Ronaldo is at 28 league goals so far this season, no? If he can score 4-5 goals in the 2-3 games Ronaldo is suspended, I would put my money on him being the top scorer this season.

NotInHere

Ronaldo will still remain a superb goal proacher in his 30's, this is the only thing Ronaldo might beat Leo at, I don't really picture Leo ever becoming a goal proacher, his going to contribute much more to his team than Ronaldo when he loses his speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans