10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
Ray Hudson can sometimes be too much with his adorned poetic statements but that was really beautiful. There are really things we cannot understand, and I consider myself- if i may abandon humility for a second- an intelligent analytical person, and many times I have observed Leo's plays in slow motion and repetition to understand his thought process and I always become perplexed because he seems to make the right decision 9/10 in a matter of seconds, and if I could of been in his shoes, stopped time, and like a chess player ponder my next move, I still would have never had the genius and imagination to do what he does in an instant. Football is not a straight forward thing, every moment of every game is a different challenge and situation. You might at a point be fighting off a tackle coming in behind you whilst you're deciding a pass to a diagonal run, or deciding to switch it to the other forward coming in from the left, or maybe go ahead and doing it yourself, all depends, and if it were me, the anxiety in those moments would kill me and yet when i watch Leo, calm and cool, there's no shred of a doubt in my mind he will make the right decision. No other player gives me that certitude.

If the stat books could speak anything else but numbers, and you could ask about Jordan, Gretsky, how great they were, they'd say to don't listen to me, cus I couldn't explain it either. It's just Magic. We are witnessing it, lucky fellers.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
What amazes me about this performance was that Messi could have played so much better. There were a lot of moments where he sloppily messed up a pass or ran into two defenders, he didn't look like he was putting in all that much effort, and he still managed to make a highlight reel many players couldn't equal in a season. I don't understand how he can continue to surprise me, and yet here I am. Phenomenal

Yeah, I also believe he could've played even better but the spark is certainly back which is welcome news for all fans of the game...Amazing how ordinary Suarez & Neymar can look alongside him which is a testament to his greatness

This trident, it is a remarkable one for Barcelona - I believe there are even bigger things ahead once their understanding/timing improves

barcanuck

For me, he is head and shoulders above anyone else who ever played football. Sometimes, I can' get my head around about how good he really is. He makes it all look so easy, so effortless. A small man but with the aura of a god.

Anyways, I have a feeling he'll be our saviour tonight once again.

Bang on!

Empty

I can imagine Messi changing positions as he gets older/less physical, from F9/RW, to AM, then to CM. Would be pretty cool if he ends his career in the Xavi role.

Icarium

Lifestealer
I can imagine Messi changing positions as he gets older/less physical, from F9/RW, to AM, then to CM. Would be pretty cool if he ends his career in the Xavi role.

Can't see him in xavi role but can easily see him in pirlo role. Playing deep in the midfield and delivering amazing long balls.

Messi will mostly end his career with most goals and assists in both UCL and La Liga. I don't know how many more assists he needs to give in ucl to reach that target but he will definitely reach there. Some people might still say he is not the best ever but there is no doubt that he is the best player in club football history.

Zebulun

‏@barcastuff 6 minutes ago
Surpassing Ronaldo, Messi is now the player with most free-kick goals (10) in the Liga in the last 4 seasons #fcblive [via @espnstatsinfo]

lol they better be talking about r9

Icarium

Lifestealer
‏@barcastuff 6 minutes ago
Surpassing Ronaldo, Messi is now the player with most free-kick goals (10) in the Liga in the last 4 seasons #fcblive [via @espnstatsinfo]

lol they better be talking about r9

No they are talking about the fake ronaldo only. Messi fk's are nice but not out of the world. Pirlo and ronnie can score much more awesome fk's.

hardyboy

B9aBMSHCUAEfoQB.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans