10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

raskolnikov

B999XvSIIAAOk5I.png:large

Still very far, but if he continues playing like this until 30 then he has a chance.
He will reach that before he is 31:worthy:

Kerrybai

Still very far, but if he continues playing like this until 30 then he has a chance.

Unless he gets a serious injury he will smash that list. 19 more this season puts him at 410. The 50 at 28 and 29 years old puts him on 510. He could just take penalties and from there on out and he would cross 534.

The record that he will struggle to get belongs to Pele which is most official goals for club and country at 757.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Pele :lol:
Different times.. If there was a way to calculate how many players played pro-football back then or how much slower the game was, noone would even mention Pele

raskolnikov

Depends on how long he will continue, finishing around 700+ is definitely possible for a player like Messi, along with 300+ assists.
I'm sure the others werent much further than he currently is at his age.

Kerrybai

Pele :lol:
Different times.. If there was a way to calculate how many players played pro-football back then or how much slower the game was, noone would even mention Pele

To be fair to Pele those who saw him live have nothing but great things to say, but it is a bit hard to regard him as the best while watching those black and white videos of footballers who look like they are playing Sunday league.

Zinedinho

I don't give a damn about how many goals Messi scores, but I know it's important for him, so in order for him to be motivated he needs to play almost all the games of Liga and Champions. I have no idea how fit he will be by the end of the season. More rest would seem sensible, but in the end it's very difficult to counter the hunger of a legend. Psychology is important in fitness.

Gnidrologist

Bit unfair on Pele again, he was a beast for Brazil and even against Benfica in the 1962 intercontinental cup.
Yeah, but games against scrubs surely boosted his goal tally too. Not to mention that Brazil has these ''state championships'' or something parallel to national league. Aren't those Sunday league level?

dakt

Really? I mean, look at these time spans. 1920, 1930...Slavia Praha? Really? Meaningless, irrelevant, IMO.
I'm not trying to be rude here against all these players, but football has gone sky high till these times. Yeah, irrelevant.

raskolnikov

Really? I mean, look at these time spans. 1920, 1930...Slavia Praha? Really? Meaningless, irrelevant, IMO.
I'm not trying to be rude here against all these players, but football has gone sky high till these times. Yeah, irrelevant.
Which makes it even more impressive when he gets way ahead of these legendary goalscorers.

Kerrybai

Yeah, but games against scrubs surely boosted his goal tally too. Not to mention that Brazil has these ''state championships'' or something parallel to national league. Aren't those Sunday league level?

Sure it did boost his stats but he also did it against the best national teams and his record against European opposition (albeit mostly in friendly matches) was top notch too.

It was an older generation so less relevant but we don't have to dismiss his greatness in order to boost Messi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans