10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

dakt

Which makes it even more impressive when he gets way ahead of these legendary goalscorers.

Ok let's see what we are comparing here:

Dixie_Dean.jpg

messi-baca-madrid.jpg

Sure, it would be fine seeing him topping this table too, but we all are just left out of ideas on what to throw at him, what funky records he should break.
What I care is seeing what he does on the pitch. That you cannot model through stat or math.

RevoTeller

To be fair to Pele those who saw him live have nothing but great things to say.

Exactly.
Pelé was much more than goals: he was complete (not complete a la fake Ronaldo style), but in the true sense of the word.
Pelé revolutionized the game of football.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Pele says a lot of things. And usually forgets most of it.

Today he'll say Messi is the best, tomorrow he'll say Cristiano is better, then the next day Neymar, then the next day again some other guy.

Kerrybai

I can see some flaws already. In 2011/2012 Messi reached 29 assists, but on this site it says 28.

Different sites use different assist rules. That site seems isn't a major one so it may be less accurate than others...the link I sent you is from the Spanish wiki of Messi. It seems to be pretty good, however it has him at 108 league assists where as other sites say he is 107.

This here is the holy grail, however it uses wider assist stats, most likely taken from transfermarket. For example winning a penalty is an assist etc. OPTA assists are the most reliable and this webstie does mention OPTA assist tallies too http://kahkonen.arkku.net/messi/?matches/index/FCBarcelonao

KhaledBarca

B9-BjCvIcAEPmEA.png:large

B-A19PLIgAEJhb5.png:large

Most official GOALS ever (club+country, senior level)
Pele 757
Romario 749
Josef Bican* 728
Puskas 709
Gerd Muller 640

Messi 436

* needs confirmation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans