10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingLeo10

He is not really a poacher though. The majority of his goals come from late runs.

In my opinion in terms of getting into goal scoring positions he has possibly the best movement I have ever seen and most desire.

i think gerd muller tops cristiano in this regard, he was always in right place at the right time.

F

Flavia

Messi gave an interview to sport:
B-KgXm6CcAA9RNq.jpg

Messi names the key for the changes:

"Now we have the confidence, the attitude and the enthusiasm."

"Last year I had a lot of problems, both on and off the pitch."

"The challenge was to change the image I gave last season and to return to the player I was before"

B

beautifulgame

Ok, Serie A was more difficult then actual Liga BBVA (or actual Serie A).

Maradona has 242 app. and 151 goal in Argentina League (A.Juniors+Boca+Newell)

And I don't think that Argentina League was more difficult than Liga BBVA.

Messi is a BETTER goalscoarer than Maradona.
Deal with it.

Was the talent of the league not a lot more spread apart than being in the hands of super teams however who acquired the best of everything from every corner of the planet?

Gnidrologist

I don't think Seria A or any other league in 80s was better at defending than modern leagues. Tougher, yes, by ''tougher'' meaning that refs were lenient against reckless tackles, which resulted in grave injuries more often than now days defenders not shying away to be utter cunts.

LordLichtenstein

Messi gave an interview to sport:

Messi names the key for the changes:

"Now we have the confidence, the attitude and the enthusiasm."

"Last year I had a lot of problems, both on and off the pitch."

"The challenge was to change the image I gave last season and to return to the player I was before"

Shit just got real!

Empty

I don't follow any of the Abrahamic religions, but Messi is God's gift to the universe.

The universe will live for more than 10^100 years. That's a huge number. It's not really even comprehensible for us.

Out of that huge number, you are actually alive/sentient/consciously aware of this other fucking being who's even crazier than you are because he's the best footballer in the entire universe; yes, the universe, because what are the fucking chances there is another Messi playing the exact same game called football in some distant planet in our universe, at this exactly moment in spacetime? Not very good. Chances are, he's the only one, and this is the only really rational way to look at it.

And you're alive during this little fragment of the totality of the universe's life.

If anything can convince me of God's existence, it's fucking Lionel Messi.

L

linetty

He'll win the CL for us this year. He's got the desire & the conditions to do so

EdmondDantes

I noticed he was wearing one of those thermal long sleeved top yesterday for the new sponsor's shoot. Is that because of the sleeve tattoo he's "hiding"?

His words resonate he means business. The team is doing well, and that makes me really excited for the rest of the season.

blaugrana1987

I hate this talk about last century like its some kind of mythical God given period of defending football. My dad is 60, and big big fan of football. He used to talk about how good players where back then until I showed him a videos of those players he thought were so amazing nothing today compares. Safe to say he was disappointing, he said nostalgia probably clouded his memory and was surprised how unorganized and tactically dumb football in 60/70s and even 80s was.

Messi is best in history, he is 27 and even without WC is starting to look like fact very hard to argue. If he wins WC we will hear about him not being able to do it in 70s...Its tiresome and it should be ignored.

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Messi is best in history, he is 27 and even without WC is starting to look like fact very hard to argue. If he wins WC we will hear about him not being able to do it in 70s...Its tiresome and it should be ignored.

I agree. The sport changes. And right now Messi is the greatest ever to play the game. That doesn't take anything away from players like Di Stefano, Pele, or Maradona because they were the best ever to play the game in their respective eras.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans