10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordLichtenstein

Sub him by who ? Pedro ? :lol:

I don't think Neymar <> Suarez <> Pedro would be a good combo, with Messi out, they'll probably just all try to show they're the best and try all solo goals/shots
Okay, but either way, we have a major problem. NONE OF THEM WANTS TO BE SUBBED, meaning it will be extremely hard for us to sign any attackers in the near future, because let us face it, any signing to our attack would quickly become another Pedro, due to lack of playing time.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Okay, but either way, we have a major problem. NONE OF THEM WANTS TO BE SUBBED, meaning it will be extremely hard for us to sign any attackers in the near future, because let us face it, any signing to our attack would quickly become another Pedro, due to lack of playing time.

You're right about that, there's one thing Pedro has been great for is sacrify himself and put the team first and be available whenever he was need and be cool with it, it won't be easy to get anyone decent that'll accept that..

PLUS : i'm only ok with subbing Neymar or Suarez so they can rest and to pressure if they slack, if we're accepting the idea that "Messi doesn't always run on the field to pace himself while playing" then he doesn't need subbing ever, and may he always be hungry for more goals and assists and wins ! :)

LordLichtenstein

No. It wouldn't be for the greater good of Messi and thus definitely not of the team. I think we had this behind us.
Tell me, what would change? He would still get the same amount of minutes in the season, if not more?

Also, this is a completely different scenario. I wouldn't sub him without his hat trick, unlike others have done in the past.

Last edited:

LordLichtenstein

You're right about that, there's one thing Pedro has been great for is sacrify himself and put the team first and be available whenever he was need and be cool with it, it won't be easy to get anyone decent that'll accept that..
Exactly my point. And once he is gone, who then will accept such a career sacrifice?

L

linetty

Tell me, what would change? He would still get the same amount of minutes in the season, if not more?
It's not as easy as you think... You don't sub off Messi just like that. He wants to play every game from first to last minute and subbing him off only makes things worse. Even Pep couldn't manage to make him sub off. Says a lot.

LordLichtenstein

It's not as easy as you think... You don't sub off Messi just like that. He wants to play every game from first to last minute and subbing him off only makes things worse. Even Pep couldn't manage to make him sub off. Says a lot.
You are probably right, but do you know what, I have seen A LOT more mature Messi this season, so I wouldn't be to sure. Others in the past wanted to sub Messi without his hat trick, which was -and is wrong. Very wrong. Players like him are entitled to compete for everything, including records if he so desires. Messi needs his goals and what better way to give them to him by playing him against Huesca and Elche? Sure, there is not much glory in such goals, but in the end his tally will be up and his season will look better as a result.

Btw, Messi have been spared 3 times this season. 2 times against Huesca and 1 time against Elche. Do you know what the goal difference is in those 3 games?

16-1! Now, if Messi had been playing, how many of these 16 goals do you reckon Messi would have scored?

Last edited:
L

linetty

ScholarlySoftIriomotecat.gif

Egert

Estonian Culé
That dribble reminded me again that commentary on that dribble: "Kuku hahahaha". 3rd favourite commentator after Ray and Estonian Kalev Kruus now :lol:

Holly

That dribble reminded me again that commentary on that dribble: "Kuku hahahaha". 3rd favourite commentator after Ray and Estonian Kalev Kruus now :lol:

The commentators name is Sierd de Vos (last name translates as The Fox) and he says Koek Koek (like the bird in the Swiss clocks on the wall). His commentary is usually all kinds of nothing; he even has advice for people travelling to whatever place in Spain where to buy the best tapas....

dakt

That second dribble, the one where he passed the ball from his left leg to his right...executed insanely fast and on insanely small space.:worthy:
And the ball so close to his feet. :worthy:

I could watch the movie in slowmo with camera zoomed on Messi running and dribbling with the ball....for hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans