10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Apparently his swollen foot is because of his new shoes.

Will use the old ones until it's sorted out.

F

Flavia

I see the insanity infected this thread too :lol:

Messi clearly was not 100% yet. Horrible miss, but not even his worse this season.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
It's just a miss. I don't know why people feel the need to formulate opinion and pass judgement based on a miss that can happen to everyone. Not the first time, nor the last, that Messi has and will miss a chance he should have scored.

It happens, move on.

Egert

Estonian Culé
We shouldn't focus on his game too much, he just came back from injury and clearly wasn't 100%. Hopefully he can get back to scoring vs Almeria.

alittlebitter

I think his finishing has been off since man city at home, which was coincidentally when he got injured (?). I actually don't mind when he isn't scoring that much because he offers so much more but that miss at the end was just so.. :(

there is no denying that messi is struggling a lot more with scoring 1v1 this season than in previous ones. Can't see how remarking upon this is inappropriate.
Luft already said he exaggerated, etc.

BBZ8800

HAHAAHAHAHAHA this is the most ridiculous post I've ever read!!! Messi is selfish because he went for a shot 1v1 with the keeper LOLOLOL

You used that answer for at least 4 times in the last 7 days.

If my post was the most ridiculous thing ever written, thanks, I am happy for winning that trophy :p
But please, don't say that again for some other post in 2 days.

You can't find 4 most ridiculous things ever written in just 7 days ;)

L

linetty

You used that answer for at least 4 times in the last 7 days.

If my post was the most ridiculous thing ever written, thanks, I am happy for winning that trophy :p
But please, don't say that again for some other post in 2 days.

You can't find 4 most ridiculous things ever written in just 7 days ;)
Eh? Don't try to shift the topic into another direction. Saying the best forward in the world is selfish because he went for a shot right in front of the goalkeeper is funny. :D

BBZ8800

Eh? Don't try to shift the topic into another direction. Saying the best forward in the world is selfish because he went for a shot right in front of the goalkeeper is funny. :D

The world is not black and white.

I love Messi, he is the best player ever, and I support him 100%.
I have just said that he was, IMO, selfish in the 90th minute with that shot.

I didn't say anything else.
I said that he was selfish in that action and I don't want to see that too often.
Nor from the best player ever nor from a 3rd div player from a team which I support.

What is wrong with saying that someone was selfish in one action?
It is the same as saying:
1. someone scored a goal
2. someone hit a post
3. someone earned a yellow card
4. or, someone was selfish in one action

For example, just imagine that it was 0:0 in the 90th minute, Messi and Neymar alone infront of the keeper, and instead of passing the ball to Neymar and 99% scoring a goal, Messi tried this.
And that the match ended 0:0 in the end.

He was selfish, luckily, it was already 1:0.

Last edited:

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
The world is not black and white.

I love Messi, he is the best player ever, and I support him 100%.
I have just said that he was, IMO, selfish in the 90th minute with that shot.

I didn't say anything else.
I said that he was selfish in that action and I don't want to see that too often.
Nor from the best player ever nor from a 3rd div player from a team which I support.

What is wrong with saying that someone was selfish in one action?
It is the same as saying:
1. someone scored a goal
2. someone hit a post
3. someone earned a yellow card
4. or, someone was selfish in one action

For example, just imagine that it was 0:0 in the 90th minute, Messi and Neymar alone infront of the keeper, and instead of passing the ball to Neymar and 99% scoring a goal, Messi tried this.
And that the match ended 0:0 in the end.

He was selfish, luckily, it was already 1:0.

He wasn't selfish, he just missed. He was in a better position to score than Neymar who was wider and behind him.

Just let it go.

Kohe321

Besides, Messi will score in that position 99% of the time and he knows it, so it's not selfish of him to try. He simply felt he had the best chance and took it, it's not like we're talking about Alves finding himself in that same position and opting to take the shot - and even if he was, it wouldn't be selfish as the position was very good. That Messi missed it was a surprise to everyone on the pitch, in the stadium, at home watching on TV and last but not least Messi himself.

At any rate, he had some brilliant moments that easily could have turned into much more yesterday. For instance had he scored after that awesome raid into the box, instead of shooting too close to the keeper, his performance would have been applauded much more than it was. Still, not bad considering he has had pain and swelling in his foot ever since the City game, and it just started to heal completely a couple of days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans