10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

kollegah

ok i might have been harsh on him, but his performance in the 1st half was not good. fact.
he didnt want to get in the game, he looked unmotivated and so on, imo you cant discuss that he had a poor 1 st half.
in the 2nd half he looked like another player, tried to drobble 20 defenders made those passes, was uber hungry to score. that is the leo we all want to see, isnt it?

Kerrybai

ok i might have been harsh on him, but his performance in the 1st half was not good. fact.
he didnt want to get in the game, he looked unmotivated and so on, imo you cant discuss that he had a poor 1 st half.
in the 2nd half he looked like another player, tried to drobble 20 defenders made those passes, was uber hungry to score. that is the leo we all want to see, isnt it?

You won't see him play at his best every minute of every single game. Accept that and just enjoy him.

F

Flavia

i dont care if he doesnt score for 15 games but tries like an animal.
i just get mad if he doesnt try and just looms around

He won't do that the whole game. He plays too much games. So if he wants to keep fit, he has to pace himself during games.

P

Patty2720

Yes. He plays 60+ matches a year. If he'd go full throttle in all games, he'd be worn out by mid season. Or injured.
Ronaldo, Ribery and Zlatan all play 60+ games a year, but I don't see them walking around the pitch looking unsatisfied..

F

Flavia

Ronaldo, Ribery and Zlatan all play 60+ games a year, but I don't see them walking around the pitch looking unsatisfied..

I don't see Ibra or cristiano on fire the whole game either. Can't say about ribery, as I don't follow him much.

P

Patty2720

I don't see Ibra or cristiano on fire the whole game either. Can't say about ribery, as I don't follow him much.
No player is ever on fire for 90 minutes straight :)

I just wish we could get the old Messi from 10-11 back. He used to press like everyone else, his of the ball movement was MUCH better and he actually looked like some one who enjoyed playing football. :)

Ghosting

Uh, yes you do, not so much Ribery but you see the other two standing around all the time. I don't see your problem, it is not like he doesn't contribute to 95% of matches.

P

Patty2720

Uh, yes you do, not so much Ribery but you see the other two standing around all the time. I don't see your problem, it is not like he doesn't contribute to 95% of matches.
My problem is that he doesn't run, AT ALL - unless he has the ball himself.

Ghosting

Many people have made the comment that he probably realisies its inefficient for him to run because he will be tracked constantly. It is different to being man marked where you can keep on the move making your marker tired and hope he loses concentration. He is now essentially marked by two centre backs and three centre midfielders they work as a team. Before he would run into space and the players would get confused as to who follows him, now in the middle they all work as a team and track him. It is essentially pointless, if you watch he is constantly looking around waiting to see if he is being tracked if he isnt he will make a few yard to dash into space.

As for closing down, he has never fully done it and doesn't really need to do it except in the big games. I would prefer him to walk around then get the ball and score a goal or make an assist than for him to run around trying to find space and closing down only to not contribute.

F

Flavia

He doesn't need to run like a headless chicken to be decisive. His role evolved, and how can he run, if he's always marked by 2 or 3? It's pointless, so he chooses when to make runs that will count to something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans