10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

alittlebitter

who cares about the BDO when we still have team trophies to win jfc. I swear madrid fans care more about ronaldo "out-scoring" messi, and I really don't want us being like that.

Heavy

CR7 gave up the excess skill he had, now he is a very efficient goal poacher.

Messi is expanding his game to encompass playmaking also, it will be harder to maintain his other skills also in top level.

Two very different approaches, let's see who wins. :hooray:

L

linetty

He should be releasing the ball quicker. He used to be so quick & deadly & now it's way easier to read what he's going to do. Perhaps still not 100% after that foot.

Mitchell1978

Gonna be near impossible for him to get that ballon d'or off Ronaldo for the next couple of years, particularly this year.

:facepalm1:

The negativity and panicking on this forum when one match doesn't go like its supposed to is pathetic. I wonder how some of you achieve anything in live with such a mindset.

Ritchie

CR7 gave up the excess skill he had, now he is a very efficient goal poacher.

Messi is expanding his game to encompass playmaking also, it will be harder to maintain his other skills also in top level.

Two very different approaches, let's see who wins. :hooray:

Ballon dor is only awarded on goals now. Ronaldo knows it and is just relentless with goal scoring and isn't interested in anything else. The other year he didn't even have to win a trophy.

Ronaldo gets chance after chance after chance presented to him (his great movement helps) and shoots on sight. Messi has to create everything himself so will find it impossible now to outscore Ronaldo over 12 months. I don't think Messi is as relentless as Ronaldo. He paces himself through games and doesn't sense blood with weak opponents like Ronaldo does. If the game is won early he saves his energy.

To win the Ballon D'or Messi needs to be pretty much perfect all year and avoid injury.

Morten

Ballon dor is only awarded on goals now. Ronaldo knows it and is just relentless with goal scoring and isn't interested in anything else. The other year he didn't even have to win a trophy.

Ronaldo gets chance after chance after chance presented to him (his great movement helps) and shoots on sight. Messi has to create everything himself so will find it impossible now to outscore Ronaldo over 12 months. I don't think Messi is as relentless as Ronaldo. He paces himself through games and doesn't sense blood with weak opponents like Ronaldo does. If the game is won early he saves his energy.

To win the Ballon D'or Messi needs to be pretty much perfect all year and avoid injury.
I hear this is repeated often, arent his partners Suarez and Neymar? Nuff said.

Ritchie

I hear this is repeated often, arent his partners Suarez and Neymar? Nuff said.

Messi creates for Neymar mostly rather than vice versa, certainly this season. Suarez's is far too wasteful with delivery and final ball and the midfield usually create nothing. Messi has had to carry this team on his back all season. It was different when Messi had Xavi and Iniesta at their peak.

Ronaldo gets chances on a plate constantly. Benzema is happy to defer to him every time. Bale is expected to or the Madrid crowd and media crucify him. If Benzema was selfish (plus took pens) he could score 50 a season.

Morten

Messi creates for Neymar mostly rather than vice versa, certainly this season. Suarez's is far too wasteful with delivery and final ball and the midfield usually create nothing. Messi has had to carry this team on his back all season. It was different when Messi had Xavi and Iniesta at their peak.

Ronaldo gets chances on a plate constantly. Benzema is happy to defer to him every time. Bale is expected to or the Madrid crowd and media crucify him. If Benzema was selfish (plus took pens) he could score 50 a season.

Yeah, but when you have suarez and ney upfront you cant possibly say that Messi has to do everything, yes, you said everything. Thats pretty disrespectful thing to say when your strikers are that good, and its not true either.
As for your last sentence, :lol: :lol:

Ekul

I can't believe some people are critiquing the greatest player of all time! I know that those who do it only want the best for Barca but surely Messi is beyond criticism (even constructive criticism) by now - the man's a genius!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans