10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Should get some rest vs Getafe. But I am not worrying that much, he doesn't need to be at top level in games like these, where everything is decided.

Mitchell1978

Lucho is benching Ney and Suarez, but no one can bench Messi.

Messi thinks that he can still play 60-70 matches in a row in every Season, but he is not 20 or 22 anymore.
He is older and all those accumulated years are affecting him.

He needs to rest from time to time in a less important matches.
But for some reason, he wants to play every match for 90 Minutes.

Let's hope that he will have some energy in the final weeks of the Season.
But we could potentially pay the price in key final weeks because of his stubornness to get some rest in less important matches.

this is all just speculation, we don't know

but yeah he looked tired, against getafe or cordoba he should have a rest if possible

its the celta game where i believe messi should have been rested.

Messi didn't put in much of an effort tonight and we didn't need him to either

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
As long as we keep winning and opponents marking Messi ergo leaving more space for Neymar and Suarez I don't care if he's tired. Besides - today Alves did the necessary attacking from the right.

LordLichtenstein

As long as we keep winning and opponents marking Messi ergo leaving more space for Neymar and Suarez I don't care if he's tired. Besides - today Alves did the necessary attacking from the right.
The problem is, that we need MESSI in the important games coming up, we can afford to have him screw up like he did today against Real/Atletico, Juve or Bayern.

bismp

Should get some rest vs Getafe. But I am not worrying that much, he doesn't need to be at top level in games like these, where everything is decided.

This is not the solution to the problem imo.
I want the old messi,who would score at least a brace in games like this...Plus,against Real or Bayern,Ney+Duarez may not be enough...

Gnidrologist

Gynecologist talk, completely meritless.
He was sweating like a waterfall in a game he barely run at the halftime and failed almost at everything he usually does with ease. But sure, everything's fine.
07-minister.jpg

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Lolwat? He was obviously trying hard to leave the mark on the game, but failed to do things, he does 20 times a match, when he's fit, fails to get past defenders, he usually eats for lunch. And he obviously looked frustrated about that. His ego seems to get in the way of rationality at this point.

The guy wants to play and probably thinks he can still contribute a lot, so what?

Team player my ass? I lost count of how many times he has played for the team this season by dropping deep, being the sole creator at the expense of scoring goals. Just a speculation on your part and he is a douche bag now? Typical gynecologist talk.

BBZ8800

Lolwat? He was obviously trying hard to leave the mark on the game, but failed to do things, he does 20 times a match, when he's fit, fails to get past defenders, he usually eats for lunch. And he obviously looked frustrated about that. His ego seems to get in the way of rationality at this point.

Ok, I am not the only one who thinks the same, so I will say it, even though it attracts a lot of hate.

Imo, that Messi's nonsense that he has to play EVERY match is affected slightly with ego, and his 1 vs 1 duel with Ronaldo.
I guess he wants to play every match, so that he can raise his stats, to get Ballon'D'Or, or to eventually one day when he retires, he will have the greatest stats ever seen.

While that is all understandable, and we all know how much he has done for us, but still he should rest sometimes.
He is not 22 anymore.
Also, all players passing the ball to him also work in the favor of this theory.

It seems that a team currently plays in 2 ways:
1. for Barca, until the match is decided
2. and for Leo's stats in moments when matches are decided

I will get a lot of hate now, but ok.
But this doesn't sound as too far from the truth.

BerkeleyBernie

Didn't really have to drop so deep tonight. Especially after we scored 2...

I differ, in regards the first half. Messi was involved in flooding the midfield, allowing Barça to play its quick short passing game, that ultimately allowed Iniesta to excel (leading to his assist).

He was certainly frustrated by being unable to create with his dribbles; PSG had pace to keep him in check. Had an easy square in the box to Pedro late in the game, but tried to round his marker to shoot instead. A poor choice, but don't really blame him for wanting to score. Nice layoff by Pedro to give him his best chance of the game to hit the back of the net.

raskolnikov

We had the game under control, but against a team like Bayern I expect him to come with his man.

Yeah the walking around stuff is very annoying, its why Marcelo been doing so well against us last 2 times. If he just accepts to be rested every now and then it would all be fine and he would do much better in these type of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans