10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

dakt

Oh boy was he annoyed by Veratti tonight. :D
Yeah, looks really burned out...right at the climax of the season. Not good and that might cost us.
We'll see how things go in the next game.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He was sweating like a waterfall in a game he barely run at the halftime and failed almost at everything he usually does with ease. But sure, everything's fine.
07-minister.jpg

Not saying everything is fine at all, he sure is tired and for our sake he should get some rest. But your exaggeration and baseless accusation and name-calling are 100% unwarranted.

LordLichtenstein

Ok, I am not the only one who thinks the same, so I will say it, even though it attracts a lot of hate.

Imo, that Messi's nonsense that he has to play EVERY match is affected slightly with ego, and his 1 vs 1 duel with Ronaldo.
I guess he wants to play every match, so that he can raise his stats, to get Ballon'D'Or, or to eventually one day when he retires, he will have the greatest stats ever seen.

While that is all understandable, and we all know how much he has done for us, but still he should rest sometimes.
He is not 22 anymore.
Also, all players passing the ball to him also work in the favor of this theory.

It seems that a team currently plays in 2 ways:
1. for Barca, until the match is decided
2. and for Leo's stats in moments when matches are decided

I will get a lot of hate now, but ok.
But this doesn't sound as too far from the truth.

I don't see why you should get any hate for this comment. I agree with you AND I AM A PRO MESSI IMPROVING HIS STATS, but for us to win everything he needs to rest.

Mitchell1978

The problem is, that we need MESSI in the important games coming up, we can afford to have him screw up like he did today against Real/Atletico, Juve or Bayern.

he didn't screw up, it was just a mediocre game, it happens, people here need to chill and be more realistic, he can't be at his best every game, besides he didn't have to be today

Gnidrologist

Team player my ass? I lost count of how many times he has played for the team this season by dropping deep, being the sole creator at the expense of scoring goals.
Team player also includes taking responsibilities off the pitch. Like looking after your fitness, instead of looking after another goal. When these two collide, the former is the one that should take priority.
Just a speculation on your part and he is a douche bag now? Typical gynecologist talk.
Fact are getting in your way, i see.

Kohe321

I differ, in regards the first half. Messi was involved in flooding the midfield, allowing Barça to play its quick short passing game, that ultimately allowed Iniesta to excel (leading to his assist).

He was certainly frustrated by being unable to create with his dribbles; PSG had pace to keep him in check. Had an easy square in the box to Pedro late in the game, but tried to round his marker to shoot instead. A poor choice, but don't really blame him for wanting to score. Nice layoff by Pedro to give him his best chance of the game to hit the back of the net.

This, you hit the nail on the head.

That backheel from Pedro in the last seconds was superb, I thought for sure Messi was going to get his goal. But sadly, inches off... Oh well. He needs to seriously rest now, he looked absolutely spent in this game. The Valencia game clearly took its toll on him.

Juan03

Needs a rest badly. For the team's sake I hope he realizes it and orders Lucho to rest him in an easy game or two

raskolnikov

This, you hit the nail on the head.

That backheel from Pedro in the last seconds was superb, I thought for sure Messi was going to get his goal. But sadly, inches off... Oh well. He needs to seriously rest now, he looked absolutely spent in this game. The Valencia game clearly took its toll on him.

He been spent since the city return/real game

anguy

Maybe it's LE payback for Messi causing trouble during winter. Think about it. The rumours are he made fuss after the loss, that he did not start. So now LE grinds him for 90 minutes in every match to show him who's the boss. Messi would maybe like to be subbed now when he's tired, but LE let's him play 90 minutes and if Leo complains about it he'll just look stupid after that post Sociedad incident.

BBZ8800

he didn't screw up, it was just a mediocre game, it happens, people here need to chill and be more realistic, he can't be at his best every game, besides he didn't have to be today

I don't expect him to be at best EVERY game.

But the thing is:
1. if he will get rest sometimes, he will have, let's say 4 good matches and 1 bad match in each 5 matches
2. if he doesn't get rested, he will have 3:2 or 2:3 good vs bad matches as the Season will progress

Messi has an alien-ish footballing skills, but he still has a human body.
And he is getting older each Season.

Without a rest, he is hurting the team in final weeks of the Season, plus he is hurting his stats also, because tired, he will struggle to score even in finished matches.

Kohe321

I don't expect him to be at best EVERY game.

But the thing is:
1. if he will get rest sometimes, he will have, let's say 4 good matches and 1 bad match in each 5 matches
2. if he doesn't get rested, he will have 3:2 or 2:3 good vs bad matches as the Season will progress

Messi has an alien-ish footballing skills, but he still has a human body.
And he is getting older each Season.

Without a rest, he is hurting the team in final weeks of the Season, plus he is hurting his stats also, because tired, he will struggle to score even in finished matches.

Well put, I agree. :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans