10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

dakt

traditional.jpg

:lucho: "What do you say Leo, huh?...Please...it's so soft you know"
:messi:

Ekul

he didn't screw up, it was just a mediocre game, it happens, people here need to chill and be more realistic, he can't be at his best every game, besides he didn't have to be today

Don't get me wrong, I love Messi and I know that this board tends to exaggerate at times but - especially for his extremely high standards - he was pretty dreadful tonight IMO.

LordLichtenstein

he didn't screw up, it was just a mediocre game, it happens, people here need to chill and be more realistic, he can't be at his best every game, besides he didn't have to be today

1. Of course he can't, if he doesn't let himself get some rest.

2. What? I don't know about you, but I expect everyone of our players to give a 100% out there, if they can't, they should be rested.

raskolnikov

Maybe it's LE payback for Messi causing trouble during winter. Think about it. The rumours are he made fuss after the loss, that he did not start. So now LE grinds him for 90 minutes in every match to show him who's the boss. Messi would maybe like to be subbed now when he's tired, but LE let's him play 90 minutes and if Leo complains about it he'll just look stupid after that post Sociedad incident.

More like he wants to keep his job so doesnt sub him off.

mazp

He still carrying that knock from the City match . I hope he rests at the weekend. Bring him on at the second half, if need be.

SeloBarca

I don't expect him to be at best EVERY game.

But the thing is:
1. if he will get rest sometimes, he will have, let's say 4 good matches and 1 bad match in each 5 matches
2. if he doesn't get rested, he will have 3:2 or 2:3 good vs bad matches as the Season will progress

Messi has an alien-ish footballing skills, but he still has a human body.
And he is getting older each Season.

Without a rest, he is hurting the team in final weeks of the Season, plus he is hurting his stats also, because tired, he will struggle to score even in finished matches.

Agreed. hes getting more and more inconsistent. Needs some rest.
Unfortunally Messi never wants to rest, and noone dares telling him do so.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Team player also includes taking responsibilities off the pitch. Like looking after your fitness, instead of looking after another goal. When these two collide, the former is the one that should take priority.

Fact are getting in your way, i see.

What fact??

Do you know something we don't?

And says who he is on the pitch just to looking to score another goal??

bismp

Agreed. hes getting more and more inconsistent. Needs some rest.
Unfortunally Messi never wants to rest, and noone dares telling him do so.
Yeah that's the right word:"inconsistent"
He may have 3 GOAT,4 good and 3 mediocre games in 10 games,while if he was rested for let's say 3 matches he would have had 5 GOAT and 2 good matches

anguy

Yeah, people are saying we need Messi, even tired, that's BS. Firstly if he "rests during the matches" he hurts whole team defense, because other 10 players need to work for him. Secondly lately he hasn't been that great even offensively to justify the decision to play tired every match. I believe rested Rafinha would have contributed more to the team in this game.

Albo

Even if Messi has a mediocre game, he will still pull a lot of defenders on him leaving spaces for Suarez, Neyney etc.. Not to mention about the psychological effects on enemies.

footyfan

Calma, calma
And says who he is on the pitch just to looking to score another goal??

Whichever way you put it, he is pretty selfish when it comes to playing time (it's most likely because he's looking for goals). He wants to play every game and that has been evident for years now. Goals mean a lot to him, just recently he said he would not speak to anyone for 2-3 days if he missed a chance (but that with the birth of his son, he's become a lot more mature)

bismp

Even if Messi has a mediocre game, he will still pull a lot of defenders on him leaving spaces for Suarez, Neyney etc.. Not to mention about the psychological effects on enemies.
Well if he keeps being outpaced and tackled in every match,there won't be any fear anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans