10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neymessi

The only 2 things that are going to be against him after he retires is not winning the WC and getting thrashed 7-0.Both because of germans.Time for fucking revenge.

Morten

The only 2 things that are going to be against him after he retires is not winning the WC and getting thrashed 7-0.Both because of germans.Time for fucking revenge.

You forgot the biggest one, not scoring against Chelski :mou:
Well, as of yet, anyway.

NotInHere

Messi has been decent with his recent performances, not great but not bad either like how some of you make them out to be, it's foolish to think he won't make adjustments to perform better. All of these premature statements like "man I'm so worried about Messi because he's being a jerk by not resting" or " I only have faith on Neymar and Suarez because Messi has not been good against the germans" will be put to rest once he has a great game, lets say its against Espanyol tomorrow, where will be be the crowd that says he is being selfish by not resting be at? Too many goddamn overreactions in here.

mampilly

Messi has been decent with his recent performances, not great but not bad either like how some of you make them out to be, it's foolish to think he won't make adjustments to perform better. All of these premature statements like "man I'm so worried about Messi because he's being a jerk by not resting" or " I only have faith on Neymar and Suarez because Messi has not been good against the germans" will be put to rest once he has a great game, lets say its against Espanyol tomorrow, where will be be the crowd that says he is being selfish by not resting be at? Too many goddamn overreactions in here.

messi is not taking rest. so he tried to play less exhausted. I think he will be great against bayern. mark my words

L

linetty

Yeah.... I think Messi will go wild and will be unstoppable (but he needs serious rest in the next 2 games). Expecting a performance along these lines...

Kerrybai

553a735aaedb5.jpg

Leo_Messi

It's scary how close Ronaldo is to Messi statistically. One can only wonder how good Ronaldo would have been had he not suffered from all of those horrible knee injuries since a fairly young age.

Messi is incredible though. I don't think that we will ever see such a dominating player again. At least not in the foreseeable future.

BBZ8800

It's scary how close Ronaldo is to Messi statistically. One can only wonder how good Ronaldo would have been had he not suffered from all of those horrible knee injuries since a fairly young age.

1. if he hasn't suffered horrible injuries which forever ruined his career
-- at the age of 23-26 when he should have been on his prime, he was sidelined for 2,5 years (one knee injury, and after he returned on the pitch, he injured his knee again after only 7 minutes of play in his first comeback match. After the 2nd injury, he was sidelined for year and a half...)
2. if he hasn't spent most of his career in Italy where players score much less Goals than in Spain or England
(I wrote in other topic that AC Milan, as a winner of Champions league in 1994, scored only 36 goals in 34 league matches in 1994. And Ronaldo played in Italy a few years after that "era")
3. also, again, he played in different times, when the differences between teams weren't as huge as today (Barca and Real vs the rest of the opponents, or Bayern vs the rest)

It is hard to tell how close would Ronaldo come to Messi if he wasn't injured for so long.
But still, even "this" Ronaldo, with horrible knee injuries is surely in Top2 players ever (Messi and Brasilian Ronaldo)

I will just never understand football fans who think that Messi and CR7 (lol) are the 2 greatest players ever.

anguy

Ronaldo was top player really in only 2 years - his season in Barca (that WAS probably the best season of ANY PLAYER EVER, though) and his first season in Inter. After that there was always someone better than him - even when he wasn't injured. So he certainly wasn't "top 2 player ever". And him going to Italy was his fault. Should have stayed in Barcelona.

L

linetty

I will just never understand football fans who think that Messi and CR7 (lol) are the 2 greatest players ever.
Not seen many people rate Ronaldo as the second greatest player ever as he obviously isn't. But Messi certainly is.

BBZ8800

Ronaldo was top player really in only 2 years - his season in Barca (that WAS probably the best season of ANY PLAYER EVER, though) and his first season in Inter. After that there was always someone better than him - even when he wasn't injured. So he certainly wasn't "top 2 player ever". And him going to Italy was his fault. Should have stayed in Barcelona.

Messi played his whole career at Barca.
When Messi started in 2004-2005, we were already the best team in Europe back then and in 2006' we won the CL.
After that, with our golden generation, we were always the best club in Europe (of course, thanks to Messi also), or at least one out of top3 teams in Europe.
Also, during whole Messi's Barca career, La liga is an easy 2-horse race (except last year with Atletico).
-- so, of course that his la liga stats will be inflated compared to some other players from some other teams and from some different eras

So, to be honest, Messi played the whole career in the best team in the world, in a league which turned into a 100points+110-120 Goals per Season Mickey Mouse league lately.

(Brasilian) Ronaldo played only one Season in Barca, after that he went to Inter, and Inter was more or less 3rd-4th-5th placed team back then in Italy.
Juve and Milan were too good and too strong overally, and Inter also had to fight with Roma (Totti, Batistuta, Montella, Cafu), extremely rich Lazio (Veron, Crespo) and Parma for 3rd-6th position.

Plus, he had a 2 and a half years injury.

Later he went to Real and he was very good there.
He won 2 league titles, and he played in Galacticos in era when Galacticos crashed and when Barca emerged as the new best in Europe with Ronaldinho, Etoo and Messi.

But, Brasilian Ronaldo will always have skills, awesome statistics, and awesome World cup record:
1. he was a part of a team in 1994, even though he was 18 and didn't play
2. he was the best player of Brasil in 1998, when they lost to France 3:0 in the final
-- but he has a seizure attack on the day before the final and he played like a ghost in the final
3. he was the main man again in 2002, when Brazil won again

So, he has 2 WC titles and 1 final. Something which Messi and CR7 will (probably) never have, for example.

Or World cup Goals:

Again, I am not saying that he is better than Messi, but surely is better (skills wise) than CR7, lol.
Whoever watched this guy live in 90s will say the same.
He was "Messi" of that era.

And Cr7 was never Messi of any era,.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Not seen many people rate Ronaldo as the second greatest player ever as he obviously isn't. But Messi certainly is.

In terms of skills.

People will say this about other players:
1. Messi is Messi, because of his club's stats
2. Maradona is a God, because of WC with Argentina and Seria A with Napoli
-- he never won a CL
3. Zidane is a god, because of Real's CL titles
-- WC with France in 98'
4. Ronaldinho had a short "prime" career, and a CL with Barca in 2006 and a WC with Brasil in 2002

But in terms of skills, Messi and Brasilian Ronaldo were the tow most gifted footballers ever.
The only two "true" aliens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans