10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

alittlebitter

after messi/ronaldo, the next highest scorer is griezmann with 21 goals, that's around the same as BPL's top scorers. and ffs aguero is their top scorer and he never came close when he was in la liga.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Involved in both goals, just another day in office for Messi.
And I also noticed him looking more energetic than usual.

Mexcelona

I think the whole team after the sending off stepped it up a gear or two.
what a shame would of preffered us to save all our energy

Stric

Me too. I think the trip to Italy had something to do with it.

Why are so many people presuming that the trip to Italy had something to do with it? Even if his nutritionist changed his diet, it wouldn't have a drastic impact only one day later.

Kohe321

Why are so many people presuming that the trip to Italy had something to do with it? Even if his nutritionist changed his diet, it wouldn't have a drastic impact only one day later.

It could. If he was low on carbs for instance, eating a big pizza (or something else rich in carbs) would absolutely give him a very noticeable burst of energy the day after.

Back when I was training regularly my best and most energetic sessions were always after weekends where I had eaten some big carb-rich meals.

Stric

It could. If he was low on carbs for instance, eating a big pizza (or something else rich in carbs) would absolutely give him a very noticeable burst of energy the day after.

Back when I was training regularly my best and most energetic sessions were always after weekends where I had eaten some big carb-rich meals.

Of course, but you don't need a nutritionist or a trip to Italy to see him personally to decide to eat a carb-heavy meal. Nutritionists' advice usually involve a long-term eating plan. Besides, an athlete who's been playing at this level for so long definitely knows how carbs influence their energy level, without nutritionists or trips. So unless he took some drugs that were only available in Italy :lol: I still haven't thought of a reason why the trip itself would make a difference.

Kohe321

Of course, but you don't need a nutritionist or a trip to Italy to see him personally to decide to eat a carb-heavy meal. Besides, an athlete who's been playing at this level for so long definitely knows how carbs influence their energy level, without nutritionists or trips. So unless he took some drugs that were only available in Italy :lol: I still haven't thought of a reason why the trip itself would make a difference.

I don't know how rigid his eating plan is. Perhaps he's doing fat percentage tests, blood tests etc. as well, who knows how advanced it is, and he might not want to start changing this stuff without seeing and talking to him.

He took Vietto with him as well, who had some back problems. I mean, do you really think he went to see his nutritionist in a different country just for fun, to say hello? They were obviously changing or planning something.

Last edited:

Stric

I don't know how ridig his eating plan is. Perhaps he's doing fat percentage tests, blood tests etc. as well, who knows how advanced it is, and he might not want to start changing this stuff without seeing and talking to him.

He took Vietto with him as well, who had some back problems. I mean, do you really think he went to see his nutritionist in a different country just for fun, to say hello? They were obviously changing or planning something.

Of course I don't think he went there for fun. Surely they are doing tests or something. But what I'm saying is, even if he was there for tests and whatnot, his nutritionist is there to advise him for the long term. His diet plan, if changed, will have to be exercised for at least several days before there is any significant changes. So I don't understand why so many people are putting so much emphasis on the trip itself, as if Messi drank some kind of energy potion there. "Eat a pizza tomorrow before the game" is something he could have told Messi over the phone.

Kohe321

Of course I don't think he went there for fun. Surely they are doing tests or something. But what I'm saying is, even if he was there for tests and whatnot, his nutritionist is there to advise him for the long term. His diet plan, if changed, will have to be exercised for at least several days before there is any significant changes. So I don't understand why so many people are putting so much emphasis on the trip itself, as if Messi drank some kind of energy potion there. "Eat a pizza tomorrow before the game" is something he could have told Messi over the phone.

My guess is they did tests, his nutritionist concluded that his current diet doesn't leave him with enough carbs for the high intensity schedule they have, and Messi finished the trip to Italy by going out with Vietto and Co. eating something that the doctor suggested, like a pizza or a pasta. His new diet plan is probably laid out for the remainder of the season.

Of course he could have been told to eat more carbs over the phone, but he most likely went for the tests that were necessary in order to plan things out properly for the long-term. Messi looking so fresh and full of energy in the match today says it all really.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans