10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Opposite for me. I love seeing him develop into a playmaker who is setting tempo of game.

The team plays better with less focus on Messi scoring goals.

It feels good because no one else can do it and the team needs this, doesn't change the fact that he'd be much more effective for the team with a good middfield.

It is really a waste to watch Messi playing on the same line as busquets :/

JamDav1982

It feels good because no one else can do it and the team needs this, doesn't change the fact that he'd be much more effective for the team with a good middfield.

It is really a waste to watch Messi playing on the same line as busquets :/

Barca dominated midfield yesterday. Messi dropping deep like that wasnt because he was struggling to get on ball or midfield being poor.

No midfielder in the world can do what Messi does on ball.

The last thing I would want to see would be Messi waiting on the right to get ball. Prefer him looking to get on the ball no matter what midfield three Barca had. He is more effective doing that.

dakt

I also don't mind him scoring less goals. He has nothing to prove anymore, but as long as the team plays well and he makes great impact I'm happy.
What he did against City cannot be replicated by any other player. Messi is beast.

RevoTeller

Opposite for me. I love seeing him develop into a playmaker who is setting tempo of game.

The team plays better with less focus on Messi scoring goals.

Agreed.
First off, it's about Barça playing way better than before, which is what matters most.
Secondly, as a Messi's fan, someone should be extremely happy because he is showing to be above the rest even more than before, since there ARE NO other players in the world who can score 50 goals in a season, and, at the same time, come back so deep in midfield and be the best even there, moving the ball around with a vision that even the best playmakers in the world don't posses.

Messi scoring 50, assisting nearly 30 and owning the game all-round the pitch >>> Messi scoring 60 or 70 goals as a pure 9 (which would still be insane, and above everyone else anyway).

No one can do what Messi does, especially at the levels Messi does it, now even more than before.
Who has a minimum of football understanding knows this.

RevoTeller

That last sentence is highly unwarranted, express your opinion, but be aware it is only that, an opinion.

It was not directed to JamDav or anyone else here.
It is directed to people, recent media propaganda and everyone in the world of football who say that Messi is not so good anymore (and trust me, there are a lot of them), when, in reality, it happens to be quite the opposite.

Last edited:

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
It was not directed to JamDav or anyone else here.
It is directed to people, recent media propaganda and everyone in the world of football who say that Messi is not so good anymore (and trust me, there are a lot of them), when, in reality, it happens to be quite the opposite.

Those people and media are obviously biased and trolling, you will find no one in here that think that Messi is not good anymore, if anything, he's just showing us a completely new version of himself further more confirming his GOAT status :)

My point was, Messi still has the stamina to be deadly in attack, if we had a good middfield capable of getting the ball forward, he'd still be able to do what he does now later on when he's older, it just happened faster than it should have for lack of middfield, but this was always gonna be the next step.

Those people and media are obviously biased and trolling, you will find no one in here that think that Messi is not good anymore, if anything, he's just showing us a completely new version of himself further more confirming his GOAT status :)

My point was, Messi still has the stamina to be deadly in attack, if we had a good middfield capable of getting the ball forward, he'd still be able to do what he does now later on when he's older, it just happened faster than it should have for lack of middfield, but this was always gonna be the next step.

Our midfield has been great the past two games though, especially against espanyol where the goals were vintage barca team-play.

S

Samusbresolino

For me Messi didn't get worse or better, he simply changed to cover some of the team's deficiencies. Mainly, he's helping a lot in the process of bringing the ball from the midfield to attack, and in the creation of goalscoring oportunities. Indeed that shows his versality and the vast arsenal of abilities he has, though I reckon that if the board adressed the midfield problems properly, Messi could spend more time closer to the box and to Neymar/Suarez and be even more deadly...

It's vital to the team that the board realises that this midfield is lacking and is in dire need of a creative player capable of carrying the ball to the attack and also create chances. I can see Rafinha as the long term answer, but until then you need a player that is ready to shoulder those responsabilities.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Who gives a shit? Certainly not Leo

34t292t.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans