10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stric

People who keep saying that individual awards don't matter clearly don't understand how the success of individual players influences themselves, the team, the club, the reputation, the sponsorship deals, and about a billion other things. It's a chain reaction. It's absolutely valuable that our players receive individual awards. Let's not act like it is not. I, for one, will much rather spend 2016 reading sports articles that refer to Messi as "the greatest player in the world" than those who refer to Ronaldo in that way. Because, if you haven't noticed, that's how the media works. And media matters.

raskolnikov

People who keep saying that individual awards don't matter clearly don't understand how the success of individual players influences themselves, the team, the club, the reputation, the sponsorship deals, and about a billion other things. It's a chain reaction. It's absolutely valuable that our players receive individual awards. Let's not act like it is not. I, for one, will much rather spend 2016 reading sports articles that refer to Messi as "the greatest player in the world" than those who refer to Ronaldo in that way. Because, if you haven't noticed, that's how the media works. And media matters.
Media is the main reason Ronaldo won last two times imo.

Morten

Lets face it, unless Madrid manages to snatch both the league and CL from Barca, with Ronaldo to some degree being involved, there is no way Ronaldo will win the ballon dor this year. So relax.

Stric

Media is the main reason Ronaldo won last two times imo.

And imagine how much less of a rivalry it would have been if Messi had 5 and Ronaldo had 2, for example. Every next year it would be less of a competition, simply because of the previous results.

dakt

Oh, right...the ballon do'r circus. It's Messi's fault for not bitching about it and not playing for uncle Perez. So, I'll continue in the same mood. Fuck ballon do'r :D

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
And because he plays for rm. If Messi was a rm player, he'd have at least 5 bdors by now, only because of the media circus. That is annoying to me.

Pff, I can only imagine if Messi was a RM fan .. he'd actually have had a much easier and much more glorious life I think :/

No media controversy whatsoever only glorious articles about him, tax stuff all fixed, BOs assured.. lol

Still, thank god he's a culé, the best of them all ! :)

Devils

Speaking of that lolworthy b'dor award.

If we win the treble the top three b'dor candidates should without a doubt be 1) Messi 2) Suarez 3) Neymar :lucho:

Morten

Pff, I can only imagine if Messi was a RM fan .. he'd actually have had a much easier and much more glorious life I think :/

No media controversy whatsoever only glorious articles about him, tax stuff all fixed, BOs assured.. lol

Still, thank god he's a culé, the best of them all ! :)

Yeah, poor Messi, such a hard life he has in Barcelona. Good one :lol:

Vlom

Yeah, poor Messi, such a hard life he has in Barcelona. Good one :lol:

In the extra-sportive side, I'm pretty sure there would have been none of all the scandals, RM would have fixed it, Marca/As/Jugones/Canal+ etc no one would have talked about it nearly as much as they did, there would be no doubt whatsoever he would win the BO every single year.

You're underestimating RM's reach in the media, just today Perez admitted to paying 300K€ to some journalists to continually post good things about him, RM and CR.

It's not a surprise there's almost never a scandal about RM, you're pretty naive if you think they're not shady as fuck, they just don't get thrown in the street for it like Barça or its players, simple as that.

Morten

To be serious, Messi has little to complain about. He is pretty much God in Barcelona, and for the most part the entire football world. Earning millions a week doing what he loves in a world class team. It sounds like a pretty sweet life, cant see why so many here thinks otherwise.

Vlom

To be serious, Messi has little to complain about. He is pretty much God in Barcelona, and for the most part the entire football world. Earning millions a week doing what he loves in a world class team. It sounds like a pretty sweet life, cant see why so many here thinks otherwise.

Well it was a comparative adjectif, "easier" .. of course he already has an amazing life in Barça.

Just saying, had he been a RM player, it would have been 2x easier.

Morten

Well it was a comparative adjectif, "easier" .. of course he already has an amazing life in Barça.

Just saying, had he been a RM player, it would have been 2x easier.

Not really, Barca has much more stability, outside the pitch and on it. The circus you mentioned is much more a Madrid thing than Barcelona.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans