10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jägermeister

I think it's safe to say that if he doesn't turn up tonight, many people will be disappointed. The expectations are huge.

If turning up means scoring three and making two assists, then yes people will be disappointed.
But luckily we don't solely rely on Messi recently as we did in the past. Now we have two great attackers next to him who can take a bit of pressure from him (on and off the pitch).
If he plays a good game by his standards I'll be satisfied. People should not expect him to be godlike in every match, especially against such a strong opponent. I believe those expectations are just a burden and since we are talking about Messi, they'll probably never be fulfilled.

F

Flavia

If turning up means scoring three and making two assists, then yes people will be disappointed.
But luckily we don't solely rely on Messi recently as we did in the past. Now we have two great attackers next to him who can take a bit of pressure from him (on and off the pitch).
If he plays a good game by his standards I'll be satisfied. People should not expect him to be godlike in every match, especially against such a strong opponent. I believe those expectations are just a burden and since we are talking about Messi, they'll probably never be fulfilled.

Turning up means playing well, influencing the game. Not necessarily scoring or assisting.

serghei

You actually make it sound like he hasn't showed up in these games before. He shows up more than any other player.

He had moments when he didn't show up like we expected him to. Hope tonight is not one of them, cause we need Messi. When he's in the mood, Barca is in the mood also.

NotInHere

You actually make it sound like he hasn't showed up in these games before. He shows up more than any other player.
He has, what I'm trying to say is that having a bad game in these kind of games can cause his career more bad than good

He is just held to a higher standard

Devils

This is it Leo, time to show the world again why you are the best!

The weight of the world is on your shoulders.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
He had moments when he didn't show up like we expected him to. Hope tonight is not one of them, cause we need Messi. When he's in the mood, Barca is in the mood also.

So he has to be in goat mode in all, literally all important matches in his career?
You guys are a disgrace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans