10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stric

Pls pls pls, let them do that, let them mark him with 2-3 players all the time.
Then watch how neymar/suarez pick up the goals from the glorious passes leo will throw in the empty space.
This is not 2013.

I'm not saying we can't score or win if they mark him. I'm saying we shouldn't expect a goat / magisterial / whatever-other-expression performance from Messi by default, because it's likely that he will be heavily marked. This is top-level opposition, not Cordoba. And regardless of how unfair it maybe is and how difficult it is to come to terms with it, Messi is still our best scorer, and no matter what a good performance he puts on, it's not going to be considered goat / magisterial if he doesn't score.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
I'm not saying we can't score or win if they mark him. I'm saying we shouldn't expect a goat / magisterial / whatever-other-expression performance from Messi by default, because it's likely that he will be heavily marked. This is top-level opposition, not Cordoba. And regardless of how unfair it maybe is and how difficult it is to come to terms with it, Messi is still our best scorer, and no matter what a good performance he puts on, it's not going to be considered goat / magisterial if he doesn't score.

What ? I have to disagree, Messi was goat/magesterial in both legs against City without scoring, and everyone said so, even madrid media, it was undeniable who was the distefano on the pitch.

I'll totally settle for a performance like that :)

RevoTeller

I'm saying we shouldn't expect a goat / magisterial / whatever-other-expression performance from Messi by default, because it's likely that he will be heavily marked. This is top-level opposition, not Cordoba.

Exactly because it's top level opposition that Messi must shine. I don't call someone GOAT just because he trashes Cordoba.

What ? I have to disagree, Messi was goat/magesterial in both legs against City without scoring, and everyone said so, even madrid media, it was undeniable who was the distefano on the pitch.

Agreed.

KyletheMuslim

Guardiolista

hopefully neuer won't be as good as Joe Hart was that day..

F

Flavia

Messi asked his sleeve tattoo to be inspired by the Sagrada Familia church:

I1dsB2k.jpg

bismp

Guys,i know that he will be heavily marked.But he is in god form,no defense can stop him.He will find space and give a pass,or shoot etc
And this game is a matter of pride.The germans won the WC at the final,they destroyed us 2 years ago,plus there is Pep.Messi surely will want to show everyone that he is a monster regardless of coach etc.Also he needs to finally win a CL after so many years if he wants to be considered the best.Because if ,god forbid,Real wins the CL,CR7 will have won 2 concecutive titles...

As i said a few days ago,if he stays silent again,then his GOAT status will take a hit.Even though i am a big messi fan and i know that no player can do everything by himself,a player is certainly not GOAT if he fails time after time against a specific team(bayern/germany)

Last edited:

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
Guys,i know that he will be heavily marked.But he is in god form,no defense can stop him.He will find space and give a pass,or shoot etc
And this game is a matter of pride.The germans won the WC at the final,they destroyed us 2 years ago,plus there is Pep.Messi surely will want to show everyone that he is a monster regardless of coach etc.Also he needs to finally win a CL after so many years if he wants to be considered the best.Because if ,god forbid,Real wins the CL,CR7 will have won 2 concecutive titles...

As i said a few days ago,if he stays silent again,then his GOAT status will take a hit.Even though i am a big messi fan and i know that no player can do everything by himself,a player is certainly not GOAT if he fails time after time against a specific team(bayern/germany)

I'm sry mate but you are saying nonsense.
How is it messi's fault that he was injured in 2013 and so burned out that he could barely run last year?

Barcalove

Banned
I'm sry mate but you are saying nonsense.
How is it messi's fault that he was injured in 2013 and so burned out that he could barely run last year?

He didnt said that was Messi fault lol, but he failed injured or non injured, do you think that fifa will think " oh messi got injured, lets extend the period so he can comeback and play better"

If Messi gets an injury for 1 year, even if he could had been the best player in that year, you cant give the prize who didnt performed.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
He didnt said that was Messi fault lol, but he failed injured or non injured, do you think that fifa will think " oh messi got injured, lets extend the period so he can comeback and play better"

If Messi gets an injury for 1 year, even if he could had been the best player in that year, you cant give the prize who didnt performed.

You talk about the prize, he talks about the players legacy and that messi's goat status will be revoked.

skn02

The win vs Bayern will be huge...because of the WC, CL humiliation couple years ago, and not to mention Pep....all in all, this will be the biggest win for Barcelona this year if we were to beat them, in 2 legs of course.

F

Flavia

I think it's safe to say that if he doesn't turn up tonight, many people will be disappointed. The expectations are huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans