10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Lel Mou, that devious snake. Complementing Messi yes, but taking a shot at Guardiola and building himself up at the same time.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
How?

:lol: at people overanalysing what he's saying. Just take it at face value.

You can't see the double meaning?

It's friggin obvious.

Im suprised people takes anything he says seriously, he is a professional troll.

Of course he's trolling. That's exactly what I pointed out. Dude is complementing Messi, but obvious shots galore to a bunch of people.

He clearly knows how to rile up his opponents. :lol:

Alik

Oh come on. People can give Messi the most hyperbolic praise, but somehow Mourinho went too far.

Even so, it's just one part of what he said.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Oh come on. People can give Messi the most hyperbolic praise, but somehow Mourinho went too far.

Even so, it's just one part of what he said.

Who said he went too far? Not I, I find it very amusing how he can clearly complement a player I believe he likes and has liked for a while, while at the same time take veiled shots and rile up people.

Morten

Of course he's trolling. That's exactly what I pointed out. Dude is complementing Messi, but obvious shots galore to a bunch of people.

He clearly knows how to rile up his opponents. :lol:

I dont know why people gets riled up, i just laugh instead, he can be pretty hilarious.

Caps

I almost orgasmed when I saw that second one on TV. There's no one else who can do that. And he makes it look as if he's not even trying. Too bad that he didn't crown that with a better shot or pass. It would have been one for the books.

Iniesta.

Sure, not as well or consistently, and not as much as before. But he can. :p

DrPepper

You can't see the double meaning?

It's friggin obvious.

So praising Messi automatically means disregarding Guardiola? I see it more as genuine praise for Messi rather than taking shots at other people. Even Guardiola himself said that he would be nothing without Messi. It's a fair point since Messi is the best player OF ALL TIME.

Full interview (ignore the title because he never says that): http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-never-leave-Nou-Camp-says-Jose-Mourinho.html

"Messi makes the gap by himself," said Mourinho. "You have doubts that Man City with Messi can win the Champions League? Or Arsenal with Messi can win the Champions League? Or Chelsea with Messi can win the Champions League? Or Man United with Messi can win the Champions League? I think so. I’m not saying they will always win. I am saying that a team with that boy is a different team, is a different story."

(...)

Mourinho was in the unusual position of not having a team in either semi-final this week but said that he was actually able to take some pleasure in watching Messi. "Watching Messi, you don’t miss being there," he said. "You enjoy it so much that you don’t think about not being there. You just think about what the guy did."

(...)

So will Messi ever leave Barcelona? "My personal opinion, no chance," said Mourinho. "Such a big club, such a powerful club, they can’t lose that player, that player belongs to them, belongs to their people. In football you never know, but I don’t believe."

__

Maybe Mourinho has some hidden agenda behind his statements (like wanting to manage Barca as some people suggest, lol), who knows. Not that it matters anyway. It's certainly not about Chelsea wanting him, since he pretty much says it's impossible and that he belongs here. But what do you people want? Jose praises Messi -> gets criticised here. Jose criticises Messi -> gets flamed here as well. Messi votes for him as manager of the year -> same result. Seems that people just love to complain about him.

Last edited:

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
So praising Messi automatically means disregarding Guardiola? I see it more as genuine praise for Messi rather than taking shots at other people. Even Guardiola himself said that he would be nothing without Messi. It's a fair point since Messi is the best player OF ALL TIME.

Full interview (ignore the title because he never says that): http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-never-leave-Nou-Camp-says-Jose-Mourinho.html

"Messi makes the gap by himself," said Mourinho. "You have doubts that Man City with Messi can win the Champions League? Or Arsenal with Messi can win the Champions League? Or Chelsea with Messi can win the Champions League? Or Man United with Messi can win the Champions League? I think so. I’m not saying they will always win. I am saying that a team with that boy is a different team, is a different story."

(...)

Mourinho was in the unusual position of not having a team in either semi-final this week but said that he was actually able to take some pleasure in watching Messi. "Watching Messi, you don’t miss being there," he said. "You enjoy it so much that you don’t think about not being there. You just think about what the guy did."

(...)

So will Messi ever leave Barcelona? "My personal opinion, no chance," said Mourinho. "Such a big club, such a powerful club, they can’t lose that player, that player belongs to them, belongs to their people. In football you never know, but I don’t believe."

__

Maybe Mourinho has some hidden agenda behind his statements (like wanting to manage Barca as some people suggest, lol), who knows. Not that it matters anyway. It's certainly not about Chelsea wanting him, since he pretty much says it's impossible and that he belongs here. But what do you people want? Jose praises Messi -> gets criticised here. Jose criticises Messi -> gets flamed here as well. Messi votes for him as manager of the year -> same result. Seems that people just love to complain about him.

I don't know why you're getting worked up. I didn't criticize him or complained, I just pointed out the cheeky devil's veiled shots at certain people, even amidst what I believe to be genuine respect for Messi. He does it all the times, this is Mourinho we're talking about.

Devils

Wtf @ that interview.

I just read the entire thing on ESPN. I don't think I've ever seen Mou praise a player like that.

raki

He wants to hurt Cristiano and Guardiola. Pretty obvious. Dont need this kind of false praise.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans