10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

This is the kind of thing where one wishes there were rules that made it less profitable to foul cynically. A free kick at the point of the foul is almost always more advantageous to the defending team than had the play continued, which is why they do it. In American football, at least a positional advantage is awarded when the opposition fouls (whether the foul is by the offense or defense). One could have a second "penalty spot" outside the box, and the team receiving the foul would have the option to take a free kick anywhere between the point the cynical foul was committed up to that penalty spot (which would reflect more accurately the advantage that would have been gained had the attacking player not been fouled).

They should abolish the walls.

Kerrybai

'A difficult game yesterday night but we are in the way to go improving.'

Stange to see Messi comment on the game...

DinhoR10

They should introduce a rule where assholes who foul like that give their team a yellow card so that the next person to get a yellow card is sent off (Only works once).

F

Flavia

'A difficult game yesterday night but we are in the way to go improving.'

Stange to see Messi comment on the game...

He does that from time to time. He used to comment more on his tencent weibo(chinese twitter). That's the funny part. He seems to choose one of his social networks at random.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Do you think it's him who posts? I don't think he knows English. Or maybe he is using Google Translate.

On the topic of the lol.com article, they are quoting Cappa on the Catalan radio station La Xarxa, I don't think that post should've been deleted.

On his Tencent Weibo he is posting in Spanish and someone translates it into Chinese.

I too agree that article should not have been deleted, regardless of how absurd it is. Anyway, I hope Messi notices it and proves the guy and his critics wrong.

KhaledBarca

Messi 2014 #fcblive

Games: 8 (609 mins)
Goals: 5 (0.74 per 90 mins)
Assists: 5 (0.74 per 90 mins)
G+A: 10 (1.48 per 90 mins)
Key passes per game: 2.5
Dribbles/game: 6.1
Shots/game: 5.8
Passes/game: 55

He just hasn't been lucky with his finishing, so far this year...

Pepe Silvia

Misdirected critique from Cappa. Should have been directed at the overall play of the team. Many parts are not currently working, Messi is only one piece, and regardless what many say he is generally among our top performers and always looking for opportunities to wreak havoc on defenses.

Last edited:

Chainsaw

Killahead
Misdirected critique from Cappa. Should have been directed at the overall play of the team. Many parts are not currently working, Messi is only one piece, and regardless what many say he is generally among our top performers and always looking for opportunities to wreak havoc on defenses.

Messi was a shadow of himself in recent weeks. Now that some here want to find the "best" in a shitstorm they're free to do that. But I won't go there calling Messi that for such performances. For his standards his recent performances, specially the one against Valencia, where he missed many balls in the second half when the team was in desperate need of goals to turn the result around was way subpar. Cappa is going overboard saying Messi is bored of this game like it's the end of him for good. But I agree to some small part that he lacked the drive in recent weeks. Whether be for him being long out because of injury or being any other reason. We need him to raise his game up before the encounter with Man City, or we're gonna have serious trouble.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I made a call a while that I feel he'd burn out early, then Cappa says this. Let's see where it goes from here, if somebody can comeback stronger than ever it's Messi, but he could easily fade out.

L

linetty

5 assists and 5 goals in 8 games...definitely burnt out. He could've had 10 goals easily but was unlucky with finishing.

Kohe321

Are people really buying the "unmotivated" nonsense? Really?

Man, Messi can just not catch a break. He's not even allowed to have a small dip in form after finally coming back from an injury that has been nagging him on and off for almost a year. Some matches without scoring, where the rest of the teams general crappy form also is partly to blame, and BS like this starts circulating the media. It's always something.

Yes, Messi does have a slight dip in form, but I would be more worried about the poor form of the entire team and the tactics that Martino wants them to play now a days. It's not tiki-taka, and the team suffers from it. There are almost no more quick triangle-passes or give-and-go's, the only player that seems to want to create this quick tiki-taka play is Messi, but he rarely gets any followup anymore... How many times haven't he passed to Xavi and started a run, only for Xavi to hold on to the ball and pass it up to one of the wings so either Alba or Dani can cross it into the box?

Last edited:

Messi

Funny thing is: watching Messi play these recent matches haven´t really frustrated me. Reading this thread has :shakeshead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans