10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galning

1800226_930718010301749_1474274479_n.jpg

Red card all day, any day. Doesn't even want to play the ball, only intention is to stop Messi from playing. This is simply where the game of football stops. I would be embarrassed.

F

Flavia

Red card all day, any day. Doesn't even want to play the ball, only intention is to stop Messi from playing. This is simply where the game of football stops. I would be embarrassed.

And that's not football, it's rugby.

Co0ter

A few years ago I would have scourged anyone who said displace Messi from the CF or "false 9" position we currently play him at. After last year, and this year although he's been mostly injured, I have changed my way of thinking much like Barca is now required to. For quite a few seasons now Barca has been a one man team...it wont do anymore because teams have figured out how to defend Messi and during so have figured out how to defend Barca. The fact is, Messi is as deadly in the midfield or wing as he is in the CF/false 9. Teams will continue to defend us with 10 men and 5 man teaming Messi. Pedro and Alexis arent good enough to draw attention from him, period. Neymar in less than half a season has proved that. Barca neeeds something new, something fresh and that isnt a target man or pure 9 finisher. It is an all arond deadly, hard working player like Eto'o was and Suarez is. Who the other options are now I'm not interested in....recognizing the problem first and foremost is. Our defense is lackluster....our midfield gem is aging and has been declining, not just now but for a few years now. However, our midfield has been good enough imo, our defense not so much...although only occassionally called upon.

Our mentality needs to change. Messi is amazing, but teams have figured out how to nullify him. Teams choke down their pride now and just 5 team Messi and park the bus now. Man United was the last team to come at us due to pride and we made an example of them (other than Bayern...but Messi wasn't there and we were injured).

Things need to change. Tiki taka was a dream, one that worked because Messi was superhuman. Nullify Messi and you nullify Barcelona. Think otherwise and you are a dreamer.

Last edited:

Kerrybai

A few years ago I would have scourged anyone who said displace Messi from the CF or "false 9" position we currently play him at. After last year, and this year although he's been mostly injured, I have changed my way of thinking much like Barca is now required to. For quite a few seasons now Barca has been a one man team...it wont do anymore because teams have figured out how to defend Messi and during so have figured out how to defend Barca. The fact is, Messi is as deadly in the midfield or wing as he is in the CF/false 9. Teams will continue to defend us with 10 men and 5 man teaming Messi. Pedro and Alexis arent good enough to draw attention from him, period. Neymar in less than half a season has proved that. Barca neeeds something new, something fresh and that isnt a target man or pure 9 finisher. It is an all arond deadly, hard working player like Eto'o was and Suarez is. Who the other options are now I'm not interested in....recognizing the problem first and foremost is. Our defense is lackluster....our midfield gem is aging and has been declining, not just now but for a few years now. However, our midfield has been good enough imo, our defense not so much...although only occassionally called upon.

Our mentality needs to change. Messi is amazing, but teams have figured out how to nullify him. Teams choke down their pride now and just 5 team Messi and park the bus now. Man United was the last team to come at us due to pride and we made an example of them (other than Bayern...but Messi wasn't there and we were injured).

Things need to change. Tiki taka was a dream, one that worked because Messi was superhuman. Nullify Messi and you nullify Barcelona. Think otherwise and you are a dreamer.

But tiki take worked without Messi too, in fact we beat Inter Milan 2-0 without him. You are right that we need to look at ways to stop teams nullifying Messi and hopefully Tata can improve things in that respect.

Egert

Estonian Culé
We need to push him a little bit forward. But he was just injured but we need him to start scoring goals, because we need to beat City.

BarçAjax8

+1
Been saying it for a while now that continuing Messi at False 9 is just clogging up our passing lanes. There is absolutely no space in the center of the park. There's 5 players defending Messi which forces Xavi/Busquets/Iniesta/Fabregas to just pass side to side and the spell of possession usually comes to an end with Alves crossing to nobody.

tello

Imo Leo plays better and better with every passing game. He gets into better physical shape and that is just great. Hope he stays injury free for as much as possible and I'm sure he'll shine like he used us to...

serghei

Has to be a red card, IMHO...Right in front of the blind ref as well

SevereCandidKiwi.gif

Hard to give a red for smth like that IMO. It was intentional sure, but it wasn't violent and was 40m away from the goal. More like two yellows for two different players to me.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
It's just so far & away from the game, not remotely close to football nevermind a legitimate, professional or cynical tackle...You can't reward that sort of play, particularly when you consider the things that got our players yellows on the evening...I don't believe red reflects just danger, it also represents unsportsmanlike behaviour and that sort of wrestling takedown is not football...Right in front of the moronic ref, no less...He saw that play develop very clearly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans