10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

coke

when i see this i am aking myself why messi and busi got the yellow card in that game. the guy 1. defender was stretching his dress extrememly, that must be a yellow one ... thats not sportmanlike ... no football. the ref's dont protect him from injurys its like he's given free for hunting ... if you see all the fouls ... that are only to stop him and without any intention to the ball. it's not ok ...

Djab

We can buy a real 9 and play Messi behind him. Mandžukic is ideal IMO.
He can head, defend, has a good workrate, he's a goal threat and he can be hugely useful by making defenders busy by himself and creating space for Messi.
And with Lewa on his way to Munich he will be benched anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abual3bed1

It's becoming a trend. Parejo did it on Saturday, I can't count how many time have Messi faced this thing, any other player of his caliber would've snapped. Imagine Balotelli or Ronaldo in such situation. Guaranteed red card.

F

Flavia

I'm not talking about the players in the pitch. But Tata, Bartomeu and Co, they should complain to rfef more.

raskolnikov

And Messi gets booked for his first little foul.
Remember 2 seasons ago when at one point Messi had more yellows in la liga than Pepe...

F

Flavia

BfzWfPSCEAEHxVt.jpg:large

All from this season... CL included.

BerkeleyBernie

It is even more stranger the more times you watch it.
He must have enjoyed the Super Bowl.

This is the kind of thing where one wishes there were rules that made it less profitable to foul cynically. A free kick at the point of the foul is almost always more advantageous to the defending team than had the play continued, which is why they do it. In American football, at least a positional advantage is awarded when the opposition fouls (whether the foul is by the offense or defense). One could have a second "penalty spot" outside the box, and the team receiving the foul would have the option to take a free kick anywhere between the point the cynical foul was committed up to that penalty spot (which would reflect more accurately the advantage that would have been gained had the attacking player not been fouled).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans